PLEASE HELP ME MY SUZUKI CARBS OVERFLOWING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP ME MY SUZUKI CARBS OVERFLOWING

To help me I do not know any more who to make. I bought Suzuki 550 L 1984. The preceding owner me mantionne which run well but the carbs leak.
    I suppose at this time there which a only need for a good cleaning of the carbs.
    I cleaning undertakes. I entirely dismount the carbs thoroughly. I clean each parts with a product especially designed for that.
    The carbs was nevertheless in a good state. I go up the whole, I adjust the float on the level to suggest in the shop manual Suzuki (20.5 mm.) and I carry out the installation on the motor bike. I place the petcock at prime, to fill the bowls. The gas overflows at this time by the bottom air jet carb.
    I then turn the petcock to ON, they stop leaking. I entrepend to run the engine bike. Surprised! The carbs leak again.
    After several meetings goes up and dismounts without success, I suppose that there is a problem with the floats and the needle valve. I decide all then to buy new.
    I bring the carbs in my Suzuki master mecanic. It installs and adjusts again needle valve, needle valve seat, oring, float, pilot jet, and main jet. It says to me that all is ok. I reinstall the carbs on the bike, I turn the petcock to prime they still overflows by the bottom air jet. I different experiment undertakes then.
    Float higher, float lower still not of success. I cannot any more what make. There is to you it somebody who can help me? The carbs is two dual barrel Mukini BSW 30SS
    Thanks for help.

It is not uncommon for bowl floats to get stuck when filled for the first time following a rebuild. Try tapping the carbs with a light rubber mallet. Also make sure that your vents are unobstructed.

After you get the problem fixed be sure to check that the oil hasn't been contaminated with gas. Better yet, I'd change the oil regardless just to be on the safe side.

Good luck,

Jeff

Comment

TUrn the Gas off, make sure your not running on prime, sounds like your floats are stuck, time to get ugly and either hit them with a Hammer, or get dirty and strip them pesky Carbotooters

Comment

Is there any chance the float needle valves are upside-down? The float should make contact with the spring. Are the floats correctly installed?
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

...always carbs overflowing

I thank you for the answers. I again dismounted all the parts of my carbs, I very checked, cleaned and adjusted as in the shop manual. I installed the carbs on the motor bike, I knocked on bowl with a rubber mallet to make take off the floats,
          but not change, the carbs always overflow if run engine .
          I cannot any more what test.

Comment

I would say your floats are either in stalled upside down, ( not a easy task to astablish....or there set to high

Comment

overflowing carbs

How can u set the floats too high?
              I cleaned the carbs in my 84 gs550l and had the floats out as well
              Now my carbs are overflowing as well
              Is there a way that i can set them?

Comment

Carb leak

I had two carbs leaking on my GS750 and it took a very long time for me to find the case because I thought it was the floats. BUT, the problem was that the brass overflow tubes in the carb bowls were cracked and leaking. I suspect that frozen condensation in the tubes caused the cracks. Behaved just like leaking float needles. I repaired the leaks by coating the brass tubes entirely (except for the end of course) with Seal-All. They have feld for three years without any further problem

Comment

Working...
                X