GS1000 is very hard to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 is very hard to start

I just put the top end back on the bike. I have fire, I have gas, and I have serious compression but it just wont fire. I do have the air cleaner off of the carbs. Is that it? Are the points out of whack? It sure wants to start, but it just wont go. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I just busted my butt to put the bike back together. Thanks!!

Are the leads to the coils correct?
    I recently had a problem with my bike not starting...only to find out that I had the wires in the wrong places.

Dm of mD

Comment

yeah put the filter back and give that a try, these bikes are very sensative to the amount of air they suck in. let us know if that works.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

thanks detman and ryan....I will get the airbox back on and check the coil wires. I don't think I took them off, but it doesnt hurt to check that out. Thanks again, and any other ideas would be great. I'm thinking about getting the Dyna S electronic ignition. Your thoughts?

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong with a dyna ignition. I'm saving up for mine myself. I'm going to use as much dyna performance stuff on this bike as I can.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
          X