Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1980 GS750ET is hard to start after it is hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1980 GS750ET is hard to start after it is hot.

My G750ET has an 813 cc kit with a stage 2 cam and smooth bore carbs. After it has run for a while, if I try to start it immediatly, it turns over slow. I can best describe it as a car out of time. After it sits for ten minutes or so everything is normal. Any ideas? :roll:

It could be the starter getting to hot? It could also be the piston tolerances with forged pistons

Comment

Could be like Lynn says, or connector(s) getting hot, or a failing battery.
      Try checking the connections at the coils/plug leads/plug caps. Also the battery and check it's water level.
      Does opening the throttle about a 1/4 turn help the starting when hot? Have you tried this? That would mean you're probably a little rich and need to adjust the mixture screws or ?
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The battery is new but adding a bit of throttle helps. I might just be a touch on the rich side.

Comment

If you're sure the carbs are clean inside and the floats are set correctly and all o-rings are good, etc, try adjusting the mixture screws in a 1/2 turn or so and see what it does. If it does'nt help then you can always put them back and try something else. What external adjustments can you do on your smoothbores? Do you have mixture screws or seperate fuel and air screws?
          Have you taken any plug reads after some slower riding to see what the pilot circuit's doing?
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

My 550 does the same exact thing.

Comment

Working...
            X