Motor Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Swap

Does anyone know for sure (ie. has done) whether a 2 valve 1000 motor will fit in a 2 valve 750 frame Inquiring minds want to know... 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

It is supposed to fit check with ScarletSpyder00 he posted about this sometime back and is in the process of doing the same type of swap or check with www.gs4.co.uk/home.html
    for information good luck Lynn

Comment

Hi,

It fits right into the frame - I have made this modification last year (and still drives with it).

However, you have to make new upper support brackings on the rear end and also new support brackings on the bottom side to the front.

Best regards
      Jens

Comment

I've also done this. My bike is in the tech pages on the GS4 website.

Hey, Jens, do you have any pictures of your bike? I'd love to see another one.

Martin.

Comment

i saw a junk gs750 with a 1000cc motor installed.

Comment

I owned a 77 GS750 framed bike with an 85 1150 motor. The motor fit right in, no problems with the bike for years before it was sold.

Comment

WOW!! PEOPLE DO REMEMBER ME! I'm still waiting for my motor... been being shipped for 3 weeks... I think I got hosed. The seller has been very responsive tho. How about this question: will a 16v head fit an 8v block? or will a 16v block fit an 8v case?

Comment

Working...
              X