Dippin carbs question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dippin carbs question.

Well I searched and could not find the thread where they pointed to the mixture srew and its hidden location. I know it was here, but searches never found it... I know the caps these are under. My question is, though, if I am going to dip the body of the carb do I need to remove this screw? Is there an O-ring on that screw? My manual does not explode that particular fitting.

Assuming we are talking about your bike 400-450ccs 1978-1982...

Your mixture screws are positioned horizontally, pointing directly across to the other carb almost right above the boot where the carb flows to the engine.

This should be it or really close:

Michael

Comment

All mixture screws have an o-ring. Carb cleaner will harden the o-rings. Remove any rubber or plastic parts before dipping.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
        Assuming we are talking about your bike 400-450ccs 1978-1982...

Your mixture screws are positioned horizontally, pointing directly across to the other carb almost right above the boot where the carb flows to the engine.

This should be it or really close:

Michael
        I checked my bike and it turns out that I aimed the arrow slightly low. The arrow actually points to the petcock vacuum operation hose nipple, and the mixture screw is right above it.

Michael

Comment

Thanks. I knew where they were, but was unsure if they needed to come out before a dip. I had to buy a drill...

I did get them out and drilling off the caps was cake .

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Sorry. I guess I misunderstood.

Michael

Comment

Working...
            X