brakes frozen after bleeding (gs850glt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakes frozen after bleeding (gs850glt)

I just changed the brake fluid in my front brakes according tothe Clyner manual. I got new fluid with no bubbles coming out of the bleed valve on both calipers.

Now when I try to move the front wheel is locked. The brakes are pretty tightly closed on the discs. If I bleed a little more and don't pump the brakes up the front whel turns, so I know I've done something.

Can anyone give me some hints as to where to look? Thanks

brakes

if they worked fine before then you have the relief port blocked in the master either by dirt or by adjustment being needed, witch I don't know if your model has this feature, if not its dirt blocking the small return hole in the master

Comment

Had Same with GS550

My bike sat 12 years. Drained the brake fluid. Filled new twice. Had intermittent lock problem with front wheel.Removed the nipple and cleaned it. Bleed the break a few times more and make sure resivoir stays full during the bleed. After this mine are okay.

Comment

It is almost definitely the relief hole. It is the most forward of the 2 holes in the bottom of the master cylinder and has a very small orifice. Clean it out with some soft copper strands of wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Lobacz
          It is almost definitely the relief hole. It is the most forward of the 2 holes in the bottom of the master cylinder and has a very small orifice. Clean it out with some soft copper strands of wire.
          I agree. I'd just like to add that sometimes you can use mono-filament line to clean out tiny holes such as this or in the carbs. No chance at all of making a burr.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

junk in the master cylinder

Thanks for all the suggestions. When I took the resevoir off the master cylinder there was all sorts of gunk. particles, gummy stuff that looked like silicone. The ports were definately blocked. The O ring was worn, so I am replacing it. I should have it bakc together tonight. I am sure that all that comtaminant was the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X