Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot (a/f) screws for 1982 GS1100E...what are the settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (a/f) screws for 1982 GS1100E...what are the settings?

I have a Haynes manual for my 1982 GS1100E that has the pilot screw settings as "preset" with no actual value. Can anyone tell me what the stock settings are for these?

Thanks

Turn one in clockwise and find out. You may have to drill the aluminum plug. Be careful with the drill, the plug is less than 1/8'' thick. Carter
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Should be somewhere about 3 1/2 turns out.

Comment

It has a jet kit installed and I've already had to adjust the screws but I still don't think it's spot on and was curious what the stock settings were to give me a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by CDNBandit
          It has a jet kit installed and I've already had to adjust the screws but I still don't think it's spot on and was curious what the stock settings were to give me a starting point.
          They are set at the factory using an emissions analyzer. They are the fine tuning to allow for differences in each cylinder. They are sometimes set a little differently from each other. There is no constant factory setting.
          As a part of your re-jetting, they should be adjusted to achieve the highest rpm's. Warm up the bike and then adjust each one while listening for the highest rpm. After all four are set, adjust your idle to 1,100 rpm's with the idle adjuster knob.
          You may want to start this adjustment with them about two turns out.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X