Cam Chain set screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Chain set screw

I have read instructions saying to back the set screw out 1/4th turn and the plunger will spring forward. Is the idea to back the screw far enough out of the slot in the plunger shaft that the plunger goes forward and then lock the set screw in that position? (set screw not touching the plunger shaft)
    When removing the CC tensioner assembly Im assuming the reason to turn the set screw in is to grab the plunger and lock it into the assembly for easier removal of the plunger, is this correct?
    Thanks......

Re: Cam Chain set screw

Originally posted by mrb1962
    I have read instructions saying to back the set screw out 1/4th turn and the plunger will spring forward. Is the idea to back the screw far enough out of the slot in the plunger shaft that the plunger goes forward and then lock the set screw in that position? (set screw not touching the plunger shaft)
    When removing the CC tensioner assembly Im assuming the reason to turn the set screw in is to grab the plunger and lock it into the assembly for easier removal of the plunger, is this correct?
    Thanks......
    Yes.

Comment

Yes, again.
      The only thing I'll add: sometimes the set screw needs to be backed off about 3/8 or almost 1/2 turn. It can vary from bike to bike. This is just in case you're taking the 1/4 turn literally. Hopefully, the o-ring inside won't leak. They sometimes do once disturbed.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Keith, is why i asked.....is taking more than quarter turn and last guy to do this (i recently got the bike) had the set screw still in some, burring the plunger shaft! Thanks.....I wanted to triple check its operation before I run the thing.

Comment

Working...
        X