Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow to idle down

hey peeps.

My bike has been acting funny and wanted to run it past you guys/gals.

when i ride, even after the bike has warmed up good. the bike has a tendency to not want to rev down. I'll come to a stop light. cluch in, brackes and the bike will still be revving at 4-5000 and only slowly coming down. At the next stop light it's drop down fast.

what gives?

If it hangs up at one time and is OK the next, I'd say check the throttle cables for correct routing and correct slack. A little lube may help too.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Check the choke cable too! If any of the cables are too tight it could cause your problems

Comment

This is one symptom of carbs that aren't in sync and of intake leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr
          This is one symptom of carbs that aren't in sync and of intake leaks.
          That's always possible Robert.
          I'm thinking the cables because he says it happens at one stoplight but not the next. I also always mention simple to check things, if there's any chance.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Yes i'm leaning towards cables too... at least i hope. This is my daily rider (400 miles a week easy) so it's not like it's been sitting around getting mucked up.

Comment

INCREASING RPM

I'am having the same problem on my GS850 let me know when you find the cause.

Comment

My dragbike was doing that to me. It ended up being a timing problem. I would check the advance mechanism. On mine the timing wasn't backing off and it made the idle stay way up there.

Comment

gs850

I beleive I found my problem, Check your trottle cable and grip.

Comment

Working...
                  X