Carb rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb rebuild question

Have a few questions about rebuilding the carbs off a '76 GS750. I had to dismantle the whole works for cleaning and now I have them all clean and back together, but I'm unsure of where some of the hoses are supposed to go and what there function is.

All the hoses had been detached before the carbs got to me, I knwo one fuel line runs from the petcock to the fuel 'T' between carbs 2 & 3. I also knwo another line runs from the bottom and top of each carb to the next. How are these lines hooked up? I need to replace them, but do they carry fuel of are they just vaccum lines (i.e do I need to buy fuel line or just PVC tube?).

Also there are 2 fuel tubes that run off of the petcock the larger one runs to the carbs, but where does the small run to?

Any description or pictures of a completed setup would be helpful, Thanks

Re: Carb rebuild question

The 5/16" fitting on the petcock goes to the fuel Tee between the 2 and 3 carbs. The 1/4" fitting on the petcock is a vacuum line and connects to the fitting on the left side of carb 3. The fitting on the right side of carb 1 vents to atomsphere ....not connected to anything. The fitting on the left side of carb 4 vents to atomsphere. The four hose fittings on the bottom of the floatbowls are drain hoses. Those hoses hang over the rear of the transmission. The 1/2" breather hose for the engine is connected between the fitting on top of the engine and the fitting on the forward top of the airbox. The airbox must be sealed with a filter. The rubber induction tubes must be clamped tight with no leaks.

Earl

Originally posted by groovin
    Have a few questions about rebuilding the carbs off a '76 GS750. I had to dismantle the whole works for cleaning and now I have them all clean and back together, but I'm unsure of where some of the hoses are supposed to go and what there function is.

All the hoses had been detached before the carbs got to me, I knwo one fuel line runs from the petcock to the fuel 'T' between carbs 2 & 3. I also knwo another line runs from the bottom and top of each carb to the next. How are these lines hooked up? I need to replace them, but do they carry fuel of are they just vaccum lines (i.e do I need to buy fuel line or just PVC tube?).

Also there are 2 fuel tubes that run off of the petcock the larger one runs to the carbs, but where does the small run to?

Any description or pictures of a completed setup would be helpful, Thanks
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Just a bit of advice if you happen to own a digital camera. Take a bunch of close up pics of anything you're going to take apart. It really can be a life saver as opposed to the grainy and meager pics in repair manuals.

Comment

So let me see if I get this. I have two lines off the petcock, one vaccum one fuel, then I have six other lines that just go nowhere. Two vent to atmosphere and 4 are drain lines.

Yes I know it's a late reply, I've been busy.

Comment

So let me see if I get this. I have two lines off the petcock, one vaccum one fuel, then I have six other lines that just go nowhere. Two vent to atmosphere and 4 are drain lines.

Comment

Originally posted by groovin

That's right. Just as Earl said above.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X