Shortest Flathead Screwdriver in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jethro,

You gonna join us this weekend for the ride starting at Motomart?

Chances are getting better for me.

Right now, I'm 70/30 in favor of making the ride.

Comment

When you combine beer with a dental mirror working on Mikuni carburators, you end up with.......

"reverse gasmosis"?

Please submit your funny line here........-->

Brion - good idea with the screwdriver. I always took a tool and ground it special to fit. Once took a screwdriver, ground the thickness of the blade to a groove dimension and put a little hook cut in the side of the blade, kinda like a claw. I used it to "ream/clean" out the grooves on my guitar fretboard before installing new frets. My bench grinder is my favorite tool.

- Dieter

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB
        Then just turn the pilot screw out until the highest idle is achieved, then turn it back in a smidgen and reset the idle speed. One carb at a time. [/url]
        Don't mistake the pilot fuel screws (underneath) with the side air screws.
        You adjust the side air screws for highest rpm's, not the pilot fuel screws.
        Are you saying you didn't write down how far out the pilots were? Is your bike stock?
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Here is an idea for a small screwdriver that you can bend to whatever angle you wish. Tkae a small nail, 6 penny for example, and flatten the pointy end with a hammer then square it off to 'form' a screwdriver head. You can then bend the nail to whatever length and angle you want. They are easy to make and work slick..you also don't have to worry about losing them, just make another

Scud

Comment

bgk Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jethro,

You gonna join us this weekend for the ride starting at Motomart?
            Oh yeah- I'll be there! What has got to happen to make it 100% that you'll be there?
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

This isn't quite what I have, but it gives you the idea...
              Mine has a rigid case on it with a short 90 bend at the end. otherwise the same concept.

Comment

Man, wish I had that, looks great!

Comment

I have a set of these and they work great for reaching under the carbs to adjust the pilot screws.

Comment

where do you get them, Mike?

Comment

Sears. They are Craftsman tools. finger drivers.

Comment

drlver

I just use the screw driver bit that comes with the screw drivers with interchangeable tips, small easy and you have a choice to use broad tip or thin tip, and also width

Comment

Working...
                        X