HELP PLEASE.. pilot mixture screw tip broke in carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE.. pilot mixture screw tip broke in carb

Don't ask me how i did it but i did it !!!
    The only thing i can think of was i noticed it was slightly bent when i pulled it out and if it was bent before and i tightend it down i guess that would break it.
    I only have like 2mm of the needle end left in there. Very small. I was only able to confirm that it was still in there by sticking a flash light up to it and there was no light showing at the top of the hole.

I know it would be too small for an easy out. I thought about using a dental pick but do not want to widen the hole out.

The only thing i have done was...used 150psi of air pressure and tried to blow it out but obviously no luck.
    Any help would be appreciated...or if anyone has another set of carbs for sale. VM26's

Thanks,Chris

will phosphric acid eat carb bodies or just the steel needle tip? maybe you put a little acid in the hole if it only goes after the needle then try to blow it clear. i have no idea this is just a guess, you can have motorcyclecarbs.com remove the needle tip.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I have the same problem with 2 of my rare VM28 carbs off the 1000S, I would be very interested in a solution!!!!

Comment

here was this

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks Ryan on the web page. I book marked it. They make it sound like they seen a few of those. I may have to that direction. You would think with those screws being brass they would come out easy...but then i remember taking out the air mixture screws and they too are brass too but were a little hard getting out.

Thanks,Crhis

Comment

IF it is just the tip? get a sewing needle, break off a 1" piece. Using the blunt end Clamp it in a small pair of long nose vise grips & tap it out from the otherside

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
              IF it is just the tip? get a sewing needle, break off a 1" piece. Using the blunt end Clamp it in a small pair of long nose vise grips & tap it out from the otherside
              Might work. But be sure the pin is not larger than the hole. If the pin works and you did enlarge the hole with a larger pin, you may still be able to adjust the replacement pilot screw in further than it would normally be to get a good mixture, but who knows without trying?
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
              X