X-Pipe Exhaust on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Pipe Exhaust on eBay

Anyone know anything about this exhaust system - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-GS-750-850-1100-1150-X-PIPEtm-header-no-jetting_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQitemZ461 1752126QQrdZ1

It seems legit but the claims are a bit hard to believe.

I saw that myself and was wondering. Great technology but wonder about all the hype in the ad

Comment

We had a long thread a while back on this pipe. The guy will not show any dyno proof of the power improvements and as I recall got a little testy with one of our forum members about his inquiry of proof. I emailed a winner several weeks after a purchase and they winner said he liked it but did not elaborate.
      1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

I might try it if it doesn't go for much...

Just for shiits and grins. I like to do things differently once in a while, I will certainly post my results if I do get it. Those miraculous NASCRAP claims do scare me though. I would be much more impressed with a nicely written ad and perhaps a dyno chart.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Terry Vance used to use one, and then went to a 4 ino 1.

Comment

I was the person who dared ask for proof of the claims made for the x-pipe.
            I never got a satisfactory answer as to why there are no test results available.
            The patent holder did accuse me of being a member of the evil header pipe conspiracy, flat earth society, etc. See for yourself. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ghlight=x-pipe

Comment

After reading the old thread I wouldn't give that clown one cent of my money, no matter what his product did. With that kind of attitude towards his customers the guy could work at the DMV!

Comment

Originally posted by bj
                With that kind of attitude towards his customers the guy could work at the DMV!

HAHAHA, oh funny

Comment

This looks to be the same pipe marketed in the '80s as the MX3. One of his testimonials even refers to it as the MX3. I never knew anyone that ran one but they were advertised in most of the bike mags back then.

Out of curiousity I pulled out an old bike mag and sure enough this is the same guy that used to call this pipe the MX3. He's just trying to cash in on the X-pipe configurations around today with some old stock he never sold. It could prove to be a decent pipe. Here's the text from the old ad,

4into1's ARE A LIE

Get serious. 4into1's were designed 35 years ago. How could a 1950's exhaust possibly improve the performance of your superbike? 4into1 brands are all the same. They all scavenge. Scavenge, especially on 4 valve engines is disastrous. It sucks out over 21% of the carbuetor supplied air/fuel; robbing your engine of Hp, requiring illegal rejetting, while increasing pollution.

MX3, the 4 stroke expansion chamber, prevents overscavenge, boosting Hp, reducing pollution, usually with no rejetting. Giving you more low end, more mid range, and more top end, instantly! Your superbike will pull harder from 4,000rpm to red line. The MX3 powerband actually improves streetability, along with performance. For all out performance, no exhaust works harder than MX3.

My patent pending MX3 is guaranteed to outperform any Kerker, Supertrapp, or VHR on your bike the way you drive it. I'm not making wild claims, I'm guaranteeing results. No one else can!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT THE PLUMBING!

Comment

Interesting to see the older ad copy. Looks like he's gotten crazier over the years. He "guarantees" results, but won't submit to an impartial test. Kinda sad, really. Obviously a smart man, but sadly lacking in people skills. More than a little PARANOID too.

Terry

Comment

Is that the complete system? or only the header pipe section?

Mark...

Comment

Originally posted by pan
                        Is that the complete system? or only the header pipe section?

Mark...
                        That's the whole system. Just uses short baffles in the end of the pipes.

Comment

I think if I bought one of these, I might end up as disappointed as I was when I bought those X-Ray goggles from the ad on the back of the comics

Comment

Originally posted by Large
                            I think if I bought one of these, I might end up as disappointed as I was when I bought those X-Ray goggles from the ad on the back of the comics
                            I haven't bought a comic book in 45 years. He may advertise in them.

Comment

Buyer beware is my opinion.
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                              X