Where to buy Performance oriented Clutch, 86 750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy Performance oriented Clutch, 86 750es

Hi there ... I haven't posted on here in quite a while, but remembered it's the best place to consult when i'm looking for input

I have decided to replace my aging 60,000km clutch, and i want to upgrade to some kind of higher performance model, that would do better in 1/4 mile for example.

I have a 1986 GS750es, with an engine from an 1983 750e, which is pretty much the same.

would any of you know where is a good place to buy a clutch for my bike?

thanks!

Dave

As far as plates go, the stock Suzuki ones should work well. Years ago I bought a Barnett kit that had included HD springs. Do not know if it is still available, but a GS1100 kit should work.

My clutch basket is shot on my '83, it developed a rattle a while back. I have talked to the folks at APE about sending it to them to see if their HD GS1100 backing plate will fit on the 750. Look under their GS Zone mods for the GS1100 clutch mod.

Some of the GS1100 parts interchange with the '83 750. They will not guarantee fitment until they recieve the 750 clutch hub for inspection. I figured worst case I am out shipping each way.

This is becoming a problem on these models, I know as I have had my '83 since new. They were not very common bikes and were quickly bypassed by the GSXR in the US in 1986. Aftermarket parts are therefore practically nonexistant.

Good Luck, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED
    2005 GSF1200SZ
    1992 900SS

Comment

Drag racers use the stock suzuki clutch plates and fibers. If anything is going to test the clutch, drag racing is. Thats what we used in our shootout bike.
      EULC ON

Comment

Vesrah makes the stock plates and are pretty much regarded as the best you can get.

Comment

Thanks for the input folks...
          I managed to order a Barnett clutch kit,... the local shop said they were pretty good, and i've heard lotsa chatter on this site and others about them...

i don't race that often, but would like to go a few times this summer

Comment

Working...
          X