Is this a good jetting start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good jetting start?

I have a 1979 GS750L that came with a Kerker 4-1 (no baffle) & pods. The carb has stock jets & has been cleaned & new o rings ordered; timing &electrics have been checked. Good compression & good spark.

After reading many of the jetting posts I think I should go with 122.5 mains, 17.5 pilots, and raise the needles all the way up(5th position?). Also will probably have to open up the fuel pilot screws about 1 turn. Is this a good start? I know it will have to be tweeked & do plan on vac. sync. after every change.

Thanks for any help.

Assuming the sizes you mention are about two steps up on the main, and one step on the pilot you should be "in the ballpark" but it may require further changes from there.
    Dink

Comment

Originally posted by mtalneck78
      I have a 1979 GS750L that came with a Kerker 4-1 (no baffle) & pods. The carb has stock jets & has been cleaned & new o rings ordered; timing &electrics have been checked. Good compression & good spark.

After reading many of the jetting posts I think I should go with 122.5 mains, 17.5 pilots, and raise the needles all the way up(5th position?). Also will probably have to open up the fuel pilot screws about 1 turn. Is this a good start? I know it will have to be tweeked & do plan on vac. sync. after every change.

Thanks for any help.
      Sounds like a good starting point to me. You may even get lucky.
      Don't forget to remove the two floatbowl vent lines so the bowls can vent better. Very important.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
        Sounds like a good starting point to me. You may even get lucky.
        Don't forget to remove the two floatbowl vent lines so the bowls can vent better. Very important.
        Thanks, I value your opinion. I could have never attempted a carb rejet without advice from people, like you, at this site.

Comment

OK. Thanks for the compliment. Let us know how she runs.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X