Exhaust Interchangability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Interchangability?

I'm looking into trying to find a 4 into 1 exhaust for my bike, unfortunately exhaust manufacturers stopped making it about 10 years ago. I was wondering if anyone knew how interchanglable exhaust systems are for the TSCC engines. Would an exhaust meant for an 1983 GS750ES fit on my 1985 GS700ES? Are there exhausts meant for other bikes that would fit on my bike with "minor" modifications? Thanks!

1985 GS700ES

-Bill

Don't go running out and buying a system on just my say so but I'm about 99.2% sure that any exhaust system that will fit an '83 GS750ES will fit you GS700. As far as I know the only real difference between the two is in the pistons and rods.

I've been told that the "early" Bandit 1200 header (4-1) will fit the GS750/700 engine. I have one but haven't tried it yet. Right now I'm running my OE head pipes with 'busa canisters.

/\/\ac

Comment

Air/oil cooled GSXR pipes will fit. I have a stainless/carbon Yosh Duplex on my bike from an airhead Gixxer. Can't vouch for how they work with the stock peg arrangement though. The midpipe would be easy enough to have rebent to work with the pegs.

Comment

Thanks! GSX-R pipes will fit too, that shounds interesting. Those should be easy enough to find since there are still many of them on the road. I might know someone with a pipe I could try out. :-D

Comment

You may need to loose the center stand with a GSXR pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985GS700ES
            Thanks! GSX-R pipes will fit too, that shounds interesting. Those should be easy enough to find since there are still many of them on the road. I might know someone with a pipe I could try out. :-D
            Not all of them, just the old air cooled models.

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic
              Don't go running out and buying a system on just my say so but I'm about 99.2% sure that any exhaust system that will fit an '83 GS750ES will fit you GS700. As far as I know the only real difference between the two is in the pistons and rods.

I've been told that the "early" Bandit 1200 header (4-1) will fit the GS750/700 engine. I have one but haven't tried it yet. Right now I'm running my OE head pipes with 'busa canisters.

/\/\ac
              The cranks are also different. The 750 cranks have a longer throw and use a shorter rod.

Comment

I'm looking at a 88 GSX-R 750 (air/oil cooled like Billy Ricks mentioned) exhaust system for my 85 GS 700E; has anyone confirmed that it will fit without modification, or will it not clear the foot peg?

Comment

Working...
                X