rear springs - std or heavy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear springs - std or heavy?

I am getting some Progressive rear shocks, but still need to decide on whether to get the standard or heavy-duty spring. I weigh 200 lb.

What have you guys chosen for rear spring weight and what have been the results?

Standard, unless you ride two-up more than 50% of the time. I'm a bit heavier than you and I ride two-up sometimes, so I went with the Heavy Duty springs.

Comment

If you plan on lowering the rear, I would go with the heavy duty. Other than that, what the guy above me said!

Comment

I weigh about the same as you and have the standard. They are set on the lowest setting and work for me well. I double occasionaly as well and my wife goes about 120lbs. and I still leave them on the lowest setting and get a nice ride.

Comment

I just put a set of 412 cruisers on mine last week and I weigh in at 160.They are on the softest setting and work great.It changed my ride TOTALLY!!!!It's like a brand new bike.Check out my pics below if you want to see them.I also have the vetter side cases and had no issue in spacing either.I had no idea how bad my old shocks really were.

Comment

Working...
          X