Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your GS's MPG with the high fuel prices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your GS's MPG with the high fuel prices.

Yea, we have all seen this posted on GSR before but I don't remember ever seeing it in this forum.

How much does your high performance GS guzzel?

I picked up 5 gallons of C16 to start the year. I made 14 passes plus three trips to tech. With the lockup I ride it back, so say a mile a run, or around 17 miles total this year. I have 1 gallon left. 4 1/4 miles to the gallon on average?! There must be a leak.

I average between 55 and 60 mpg on my 450L.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Just over 40 mpg on my stock GS1100.

About 33 mpg on my GS1000 with pods, jetted carbs & header. That's actually better than I expected.

Comment

how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?

I only get around 42 or so in my GS650... Not sure why, but I don't care. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
          Yea, we have all seen this posted on GSR before but I don't remember ever seeing it in this forum.

How much does your high performance GS guzzel?

I picked up 5 gallons of C16 to start the year. I made 14 passes plus three trips to tech. With the lockup I ride it back, so say a mile a run, or around 17 miles total this year. I have 1 gallon left. 4 1/4 miles to the gallon on average?! There must be a leak.
          Yeah dude the leaks in your wrist.

Comment

About 43 mpg on my GS1100 turbo.
            Arttu
            GS1100E EFI turbo
            Project thread

Comment

My "high-performance" 1983 Suzuki GS550L gets about 50mpg. I got almost 60 with it now that it warmed up and I took a trip. I just put new Dyna coils, wires and NGK plugs in it. Its actually a pretty capable cruiser and handles effortlessly at slow speeds.

Comment

Just did a test last weekend. Two separate 50 mile rides, one very spirited and the other fairly sedate with two up. 48 mpg.

Comment

650g

Mine seems to vary, on my usual routes with 65mph speed limits (65-75 mph acutals) I get something like 125 miles out of a tank (high 30s mpg). Last weekend rode with some friends at mostly 55-60 mph and I got nearly 140 miles out of the tank (closer to 40mpg).

I do have an airleak that needs fixing so often have to run with a bit of choke on so that probably lowers it a bit. And wind direction (in myface or at my back) will matter too.

Still beats the 30mpg my Impala gets and the 20mpg (when going down hill!) on the H3......

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L View Post
                    Yeah dude the leaks in your wrist.
                    Is this the answer to poor MPG. I used 4 gallons just going between hwy cloverleaf on & off ramps. As I did my best Rossi imitation on the ramps (Ha, Ha) I really twisted the wrist entering the freeway. 4 gallons - 99 miles.
                    Last edited by bonanzadave; 06-01-2007, 12:08 PM.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I get around 40mpg riding around town, short journeys etc more than that on a run probably around 45-50mpg.

Dan
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

1982 GS850G, last tank 49.51 the one before 49.41
                        the race car... 24 laps, 1/2 mile track, 5 gallons @ 6.50+ per... VuhWAAAAAAAAA.....ERRRRRRRRRRR......VuhWAAAAAAAAA. ....ERRRRRRRRRRRR.....
                        Last edited by rustybronco; 06-01-2007, 04:02 PM.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I got right at 50mpg on my 650E on the highway. Of course that's going 90mph half the time highway riding. ;-)

Comment

I get about 48 to 50 mpg at 70 to 75mph. All freeway riding, sure helps when it is a 60 mile round trip to work and back.
                            80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

1977 GS750... I only seem to get 30-35 MPG on avg. Would like to get better, not sure why it's so low?

Comment

Working...
                              X