zx12r wheel on my 1150 possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zx12r wheel on my 1150 possible??

hello, currently got a (stock center) kosman widened to 6"x18"on a 3"over arm,off-set front sprocket.want to put my old 12r wheel on which is same width, 17" for better tire options. the kosman looks period correct old-school, but hard to get good street tires that will hook-up..fairly simple deal, or big to do? what will i need,and anyone have what i'll need? here's a rear shot..thanx,A.J.

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2007, 10:46 PM.

better pic

wheel shot,should i just keep the way it is?

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2007, 10:13 PM.

Comment

SACRILEGE to put Kawi parts on a SUZUKI man!! I know you have MORE choices but I also know you can get good tires in 18 inch for your Kosman worked wheel! Ray.

Comment

yeah,i know its an odd combo..

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        SACRILEGE to put Kawi parts on a SUZUKI man!! I know you have MORE choices but I also know you can get good tires in 18 inch for your Kosman worked wheel! Ray.
        but i got parts from old bikes ive owned that are lying around collecting dust.i.e.a nice set of stock 1150 carbs w/stage3 kit,a like new stock windscreen from my old 94 zx9r/like new stock 9r exhaust cannister/,thinking i might run into another 1 day, just kidding myself!
        i love the look of my kosman, but tires... i was wanting to put slick on it for playing at the strip every now & then. kinda what it was made for in the first place,and a nice sticky street tire on modern rims, front also. gsxr's would be "proper" i know, but money's tight..A.J.

Comment

front wheel.

the GS stock width swingarm is narrow but a early GSXR 4.5 rim will work. Or better yet get the wheels from a Katana 600. You can put the front wheel on the 1150 stock forks. you have to make your own spacer and use the Katana speedo drive. Its been a while but I used a disc from a GS500 and a brake caliper from a 92 GSXR1100 on the stock 1150 forks I had to add a few machine washers to space the caliper to the disc but it was not hard. The 5.5 wheel will work but I had to make a flat rear caliper holder out of a piece of plate to get the wheel spaced in the swingarm. I had the same color bike as yours. I got some pics somewhere. Honda CBR900RR rear shocks really work well on the GS1150 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_T_111 View Post
            the GS stock width swingarm is narrow but a early GSXR 4.5 rim will work. Or better yet get the wheels from a Katana 600. You can put the front wheel on the 1150 stock forks. you have to make your own spacer and use the Katana speedo drive. Its been a while but I used a disc from a GS500 and a brake caliper from a 92 GSXR1100 on the stock 1150 forks I had to add a few machine washers to space the caliper to the disc but it was not hard. The 5.5 wheel will work but I had to make a flat rear caliper holder out of a piece of plate to get the wheel spaced in the swingarm. I had the same color bike as yours. I got some pics somewhere. Honda CBR900RR rear shocks really work well on the GS1150 also.
            Thanx Big T. It has a Works shock on it now.I still have my stock shock from my zx12r thats been revalved for the strip, wonder if that'll mount, maybe sell it? My arm shouldnt be an issue, aready holds the 6in.kosman rim.I still got the stock arm too. If I installed 600 kat. front wheel, I couldn't use my 1150 fender cause of the 17in. wheel right? I like the 1150 fender! I need a rear rotor, got 1? Post up pics of your old 1150! A.J.

Comment

wheel

Yes you keep the 1150 fender. I think the 120 front I had on was actually about the same size in diameter as the 16" inch on there now and it really looks good. here is a crappy pic
              Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X