my new exhaust for my 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new exhaust for my 850

OK so my girlfriend's father gave me a Cobra exhaust he took off his Yamaha, and I'm going to cut it and replace my mufflers with the cobra ones. I think it should look and sound NICE! My stock mufflers are rusting and need to be replaced anyway so since these were free, here's my solution!

here's a couple pics:

The mounts for these will work great because they go opposite so I can keep the bottom one like the pic for the right side, and just flip the top one upside down for the left side. Yes it's a little rubbed on the top one, but that will be on the bottom and I can smooth that edge out anyway.

ALSO: would deleting the pre-muffler be a bad thing? The clamps for it are messed up on my bike and I don't want to spend all sorts of cash fixing it when it would be easier to just delete it and have the exhaust a true 4-2 with cylinders 1 and 2 into the left and 3 and 4 into the right. I wouldn't have to adjust the carbs differently for 2 and 3 then right?

any comments suggestions?

I guess no one has seen the question at the bottom of that post. So I'll ask it again.

Is deleting the premuffler a bad idea. I know that Suzuki put it there for a reason, but I could make it just a simple cyl 1 and 2 into 1 exhaust and 3 and 4 into the other.. wouldn't have to have the carbs set differently then. Any suggestions? Good idea, bad idea?

Comment

Shouldn't make any difference on older bikes like ours. I would go ahead and use them. Don't forget to post a couple of pics.

Paul
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Working...
      X