engine swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap questions

I searched the forum to try and find answers but i want to be sure on things before i go and start buying things. I have a 77 gs750 with a v and h header. I'm going to put in a gs 1000 motor as i hear its a direct swap minus a new rear motor mount and such ( welding/fab is not a problem) I hear the wiring harness is the same also. Will my v and h exhaust fit on this? Also what do I have to do for coils? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also are there specific years that i sould be looking for 78 or 79?

you need more than just the rear upper mounts to be fabbed up. You also need to make a right front lower mount, left front upper mount, and the left front lower needs to be cut off the frame and repositioned and rewelded. I just did this a few months agao. Exhaust should be fine. This motor swap will also affect your gearing. wiring is no problem. leave the coils alone. any gs1000 chain drive 78-80 will work.

Comment

thanks for your help. I might be asking more questions once i get into the nitty gritty.

Comment

Not much nitty gritty if you can weld a little bit, very easy swap.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

welding is one of the things i'm better at so after i scrounge up a few bucks for the motor i'll probably do it this summer... just wait for a rainy weekend or something.

Comment

Working...
          X