baseline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baseline

Hi i have 81 gs1100ex that iam putting some bandit/gsxr carbs on there completly stock jetting . my bike is all stock but doing a 4 into 1 and pods, whats a good base line jet and needle adjustment to start with? or is stocking jetting on the carbs ok?

i know people are using this carb, can anyone post there jets for what there using so i can get a idea where to start tinkering? are you guys using the dyno jet kit for the bst36ss or buying individual jets?

Comment

ok been reading some more i need to get k&n ru-2922 filters, still cant find where to start for jets

Comment

If your thread title had been more informative maybe someone would have looked at this thread.

Comment

I have 90 36mm GSXR 11 carbs with K&N dual pods 142.5 mains, middle notch on the needle, and 30 pilots, may have 32.5 can't remember. 30 is stock. Floats had to be leaned out almost excessively to keep from fouling plugs. It must have something to do with the 15 degree angle of the slingshot carbs on GSXR's and the relative flatness of the GS.

This is a Factory jet kit on an 1150 with a big bore kit, however, I did run it with a stock motor too. The jets are genuine Mikuni's, with Factories own needles. The throttle cable is too long when fitting the stock cable to the newer model carbs. I used a GSXR cable and modified the threaded adjustment into the throttle housing on the handlebars.

I also had a problem with the idle adjustment screw hitting the cam chain tensioner, so I had the knob shortened.

Still has a little hiccup below 3000 rpms and minute throttle openings.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

sounds like its allot of work maybe i should have gotten gs1150 carbs.....

Comment

I think the gains are substantial with slingshots, not so much with the 1150 carbs. Investing in a jet kit will be necessary with pods. If you're creative with the throttle routing it might be worth trying with the stock cable. I doubt the jetting will be very close in stock form. Maybe I could trade you carbs for my wife's 1150's? Hers have a jet kit and pods though.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

yeah idk what iam going to do... i was thinking that they would be good as far as mounting and just need to mess with the jets and stuff, the set i have look almost brandnew and came off a bandit with 2900 miles. yeah idk iam going to read around some more, i might be interested in the trade.

Comment

Working...
                X