82 GS650L grip upgrade w/throttle lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS650L grip upgrade w/throttle lock

Just finished a little night test ride, after installing the OURY block pattern grips (Dennis Kirk P/N 61-395 $11.99) and Kuryakyn throttle lock (Dennis Kirk P/N 19-04821 $26.99). About a 45 min. stall, waited and hour and rode. Very comfortable grip and takes most of the 65 - 70 MPH vibration out. The throttle grip is soooo nice for the 45 min. I-75 test drive.

Out of curiosity, how wide are your handlebars? Mine are 27.5 straight across grip ends- always seemed small to me, but I've grown used to it.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Tom, mine measure the same. I would like them to be a little wider and flaten the angle on the grip area, to lessen the bend on my wrists. The throttle lock has been a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by MUBULLDOG View Post
        Tom, mine measure the same. I would like them to be a little wider and flaten the angle on the grip area, to lessen the bend on my wrists. The throttle lock has been a blessing.
        I guess mine are stock then! I picked up a 3 inch wider bar (yamaha 500 twin), but never installed as I gradually got used to this. I spent most of my time on dirt bikes, so I originally felt I needed to be able to wrestle bike more, but the geometry seems to work on the street.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X