Clip-ons a bit low.gsx1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip-ons a bit low.gsx1100

I have an 1985 gsx1100ef fully faired with clip-on bars.Is there any way to raise these a bit without losing the clip-ons .I had a pair of single bolt risers in the garage and they fitted perfect but they would mean I'd have to use an ordinary straight handlebar like a Renthal which I don't want to do. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by giancarlo View Post
    I have an 1985 gsx1100ef fully faired with clip-on bars.Is there any way to raise these a bit without losing the clip-ons .I had a pair of single bolt risers in the garage and they fitted perfect but they would mean I'd have to use an ordinary straight handlebar like a Renthal which I don't want to do. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
    I believe the E model risers are taller.

Comment

Could you could mount them above the triple by sliding the forks up? Also, you can get new clip-ons with risers of various sizes from fastfromthepast.com. About $140, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
        Could you could mount them above the triple by sliding the forks up? Also, you can get new clip-ons with risers of various sizes from fastfromthepast.com. About $140, though.
        The risers are already above the triple on this model. The E risers are usually taller on the '83 and up bikes.

Comment

what size are your clip ons. I have a set with a rise, can post pics if you like, maybe we can trade?

-Mark
          -Mark
          Boston, MA
          Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
          sigpic
          1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by mvalenti View Post
            what size are your clip ons. I have a set with a rise, can post pics if you like, maybe we can trade?

-Mark
            If his are the stock risers they are already about 4" tall. The ES had slightly shorter risers than the E.

Comment

Working...
            X