Dyno tuning a Busa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno tuning a Busa

Today Nancy (Member here) invited me to watch her get her bike Dyno tuned. Very cool! And speaking of cool..Nancy just turned 60 and this is her 2000 busa. She also has a 2008 busa!! Coolest woman I know!!

Here is Nancy's supermodel/with the fan shot...lol
    Last edited by trevor; 04-24-2013, 01:35 AM.
    No signature

dyno's are great fun. it can be very daunting sometimes watching a really powerful bike revving its nuts off and doing 100+MPH standing still
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      dyno's are great fun. it can be very daunting sometimes watching a really powerful bike revving its nuts off and doing 100+MPH standing still
      She said the speedo indicated 280kms in fourth at redline (11000rpm).
      No signature

Comment

Nancy has not one, but two 'Busa's?? She totally rocks!! I think I'm in love!! Is she married or has a steady biker-boyfriend??

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
          Nancy has not one, but two 'Busa's?? She totally rocks!! I think I'm in love!! Is she married or has a steady biker-boyfriend??
          haha..single.her husband passed away some years back. She is an insperation for sure!
          Oh and she has a 2008 Corvette and a 1991! Just sold her 1100 Katana that had 7500kms!!
          No signature

Comment

Was she happy with the 161.6 hp?
            A shop near me is offering a dyno run for $40.00 for the local Vintage Club. Usual cost is $80.00. With my '81 CBX i am hoping for about half what the Busa did.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Was she happy with the 161.6 hp?
              A shop near me is offering a dyno run for $40.00 for the local Vintage Club. Usual cost is $80.00. With my '81 CBX i am hoping for about half what the Busa did.
              That was before tuning. I had to leave and I have not heard yet what the final number was. She did say that it smoothed out a flat spot and that she is very happy.
              No signature

Comment

BUSA Tune

Very Awesome... she runs like a dream. I've had it dyno'd a couple of times over the years, but never had to ride it on the dyno myself. Hey, Trev... thank YOU, for getting the bike on this (basically non bike friendly dyno), and for you and the boys to stand outside... while they said "helmet" and hopefully spinal protection. Ok.
                They pointed out the holes in the ceiling that had come off a drag bike tire.
                Well, what ever. Anyroad, you guys couldn't be there. Left me with running the Busa in 4th from 2 g to redline, multiple times. Er, that's 11g and in 4th, (and apparently true miles), 280KPM. That was pretty cool. My dear old beastie is everything you'd want in a weird old bike that is probably the most civil and delightful beastie to ride... EVER. And I do keep telling folks that... that you have to have a Hayabusa. Ask Trevor... he rode my 08, and it's close, just not the 2000. :-)

Comment

Final number...

165.7 at around 9500rpm. Very sweet. And yes, indeed, Chris got rid of some of its ugly spots. I am a very HAPPY biker, and totally recommend 5252 Motorsports.
                  Amen.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  That was before tuning. I had to leave and I have not heard yet what the final number was. She did say that it smoothed out a flat spot and that she is very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by HayabusaLady
                    I could say you may want one, but after you ride one, YOU WILL WANT ONE, unless you are Tevor (just kidding... I know he wants one). There is only one.
                    Yup!! I had one, a blue and black '02, it was AWESOME!! But I was weak and had a very hard time resisting it's temptations. That bike was constantly urging me to do illegal things and it made it ridiculously easy to do them. It was like riding around with the devil on your shoulder saying "go a little faster" and I had a hard time saying "no". I had to sell it before I got myself into really big trouble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post

I thought my 1166 sounded like a rocket ship on the dyno. Bet the busa made some sweet music.
                      83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Working...
                      X