oil cooler connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil cooler connect

Why is everyone getting adapter oil filter plates to connect the cooler?

Why not use the oil gallery bolts on either side of the oil filer (on the gs1100/750's)

Am I missing something?? Is that not what they are there for?? or am I wrong?
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

That's where the stock lines on my 700 connect.

Comment

The 8 valve models do not have the bolts by the oil filter like the 16 valve models They have a low pressure system and the oil cooler is connected on the rear of the block with an adapter that replaces the oil pressure adapter

Comment

the 16v is low pres too. There are many who have 1100 16v's who run the cooler to the sender switch. I believe to drop kool oil onto the crank. not as big a deal with the roller cranks I don't think.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Just remeber that if you use the outlets on either side of the oil filter, swap the filter cover with one from an 1150.

Comment

why is that?
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Katman there is a difference between the covers on the 1100's to the 1150, an 1150 oil filter cover has a dam in one corner that is missing on 1100 covers without the dam the oil wil not travel to the coller from the pickups either side of the housing.
              Dink

Comment

Katman there is a difference between the covers on the 1100's to the 1150, an 1150 oil filter cover has a dam in one corner that is missing on 1100 covers without the dam the oil wil not travel to the coller from the pickups either side of the housing.
                Dink
                Dink is absolutely correct. This is why I love this place - a wealth of info on these bikes.

Go here for more: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Hi boys,

OUTSTANDING!

This is a great source of info is right. Thanks Swanny for the thread tip and thanks Dink for the answer too.

anyone wanting further explanatioon of this subject to the above thread Swanny posted a link to. it says it all.

THIS THREAD IS COMPLETE.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

My 82 GS750EZ does not have the plugs like the 1100's, nor the oil pressure at the rear of the block. Some models have to use the adapter plate.

Dr. Dre

Comment

I also think that the connection to the front of the engine is not a full flow connection? AS I have a 2 valve it is more of academic interste to me as I don't have the option....

Comment

I also think that the connection to the front of the engine is not a full flow connection? AS I have a 2 valve it is more of academic interste to me as I don't have the option....
                        Not sure what you mean by 'full flow'. When the 1150 cover is used it will pass nearly all of the oil through the cooler. The passages to these ports have less restrictions when used than not, as the oil is diverted to the filter by some right angle passages.

I have always thought that Suzuki originally intended to use an oil cooler on the 1100 but just never quite had all the bugs worked out. The 1150 is set up as the 1100 should have been.

Comment

My 82 GS750EZ does not have the plugs like the 1100's, nor the oil pressure at the rear of the block. Some models have to use the adapter plate.
                          This is the same for my 81 Katana 750. Can anyone tell me either how to make an adaptor plate, or where to buy one?

Comment

I always understood that the 1100/1150 cooler worked on a partial bypass system. The pressure differential does not divert all the oil through the cooler. I think Dink had a recent post to this effect. On my GS1000 all the oil goes through the cooler as that is the way the adaptor works. I am fitting a Permacool oil thermostat to the bike shortly as in colder weather it runs too cool...it gets to below freezing here in winter

Comment

I'm currently using a Mocal thermostat. Works great so far and only ?25!

Comment

Working...
                              X