Better Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Mirrors

My mirrors are driving me crazy. I had the originals, but they were convex round mirrors and only about 3-inch diameter, so I could hardly make out much and had trouble judging distances. Switched to nice big rectangular mirrors, but they vibrated like crazy at most RPMs and so everything was fuzzy. Got heavier mirrors and the anti-vibe mounting nuts, but there is still more fuzziness than I want.

Am I expecting too much? What are the secrets to good mirrors? Any suggestions for replacement brands that have performed well for you? Other tricks and improvements? TIA for the advice...

...Ross

Have you tried napoleon mirrors? Keith Krause recommeneded them & I second Also is the bike running right? a tune up & carb synch might clear up the problem.

Terry

Comment

Terry, love the Thomas Paine link. Truly a man of common sense. They say that the generation that fought in WWII was the greatest of the American generations. Not to steal their thunder but I think that of the Founding Fathers trumps even them.

Comment

Yeah, she's running smooth (well, technically, not now; got her torn down for winter services). But even after getting the carbs and tuneup done, still couldn't see. Not really the vibes; just crummy replacement mirrors. I could go back to the originals, but like I said they are teeny and convex so hardly much help. I'll check out the Napoleons. Other suggestions anyone?

Comment

Working...
        X