Jennifer's Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Dale, I removed all of the chrome, as best I could, it was gouged deep, down about a millimeter or so, so I did not really have an option.
    Then polished it up to 1000grit and then compound.
    The guy who owned Aerospace plating, where I had all my stuff done on the side, up and died a few weeks back without giving anyone notice, so there goes that.
    The nerve of some people!
    Didn't he realize that you still had more work for him to do?

Eric

Comment

Received a nice little love letter under the door again last night from the board of trustees/body corporate of the complex I stay in.
      According to conduct rule 5. para 5.3. sub para 5.3.1 I am in violation by carrying out "major repairs" in my garage, and am ordered to cease any such activities with immediate effect, due to "more complaints" being received.

Looks like Jennifer is going back into boxes for the foreseeable future and this thread can slide off the board.

Comment

Load up the brood, paint your skin a reddish brown and have them fly on over with you. Oh yeh, learn Spanish...

Sorry Stan, that's gotta sting a bit.

I'll have lots of beer waiting here for you.
        Last edited by rustybronco; 06-28-2012, 12:53 PM.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

You can't find any hanger space or behind/near one to work on it?

Eric

Comment

Eric, I wish I could, hangar space is at a premium there, I also live 30km away from the airport, so it would be a bit impractical.

Comment

love the work on the bike i cant wait to see more parts getting a repolish and referbish

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Reaper, unfortunately, due to a few anal azzholes in our complex, and some obscure rule about not carrying out "major repairs" in your garage, there will not be much happening to Jennifer for the foreseeable future, other than gathering dust in boxes in the corner of the garage.
                I am not a happy camper at the moment...

Comment

That just sucks Stan... I wonder if you can do some detective work to find the silly old geezer and put him out to pasture? Really sorry to hear some fool can make it so difficult for you
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I say work on it inside the house.
                    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Jeez. Hard luck that. What the heck is the point of a garage if not for carrying out major repairs in?!

Suppose you can't work with doors shut and the windows sealed so no one can see what your doing in there?

Does your housing community say anything about doing repairs in the living room?

Comment

What would a storage shed run you over there? Maybe find one with power or without (just get a small portable generator) and do the work in it.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'm sure if they are anal enough to disallow working in your garage, they certainly wouldn't allow something as repulsive as a "storage shed" on "your" property.

There is one thing you can do Flyboy. Don't take it! Either find someone who is like minded or run yourself and get elected to this so called board of trustees and change the rules. Don't let a bunch of conformists get their way.
                          1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                          2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Sci85, I was thinking of the larger complex style not the small one you can get from Lowes.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I would close the door, but leave a bucket or something under it to hold it up just a bit, and get a box fan for some fresh air. Assuming there's power in there of course.

Comment

hey man if you want my opponion you should be allowed to do what you want in you neiborghood unless its late at night and if they get pickey
                                who cares man as long as you are not making an abundance of noise i say go for it

Comment

Working...
                                X