No announcement yet.

Jennifer's Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you right Daniel, 'spose I better ship her over to you, except you might go on one of your daft missions to the north pole again and she don't like the cold.

Comment

He can always take Nancy on a shake down cruise. She's use to the cold!
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Good day in the man cave, got the electrics all sorted out, tomorrow just strap the harness neatly away and call it done.

With volts surging through her veins, she lives..............

Comment

And the boys light up... very nice Stan! Very glad to see her coming to life
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

OK, just how did you put those 2.1km on the clock?? Rolling the bike around the garage??

Seriously, it's very sexy seeing the odometer looking new and with no mileage on it!
            GS850GT

Comment

Put the young one's hamster on the front wheel facing backwards and left him there for a week, you want to see his thighs now, the neighborhood cats give him a wide berth.

Comment

lmfao.......
                GS850GT

Comment

Tucked away and neatened up the wiring harness today.
                  Then it was on with the carbs and air box.

Coming together now

Made a start on the exhaust, damn, it needs a lot of work

Comment

WOW

So how long before we hear the first running video
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Fantastic Stan!!! And yeah what he said
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        T

Hi Stan,
                        Excellent progress! I have not been around much lately, just too many other things going on...!
                        You can still get that exhaust complete from Cowley. They have a street and racing model if I recall and make them up if not in stock. Quite a fair price too and they are in your neck of the woods as well.

Comment

stunning pics of the bike, great work!
                          GS850GT

Comment

Thanks guys, a way to go yet before I fire her up, you know how it is, always a million little odds and sods that need doing, but it is tempting.....
                            Still need to reassemble and mount the front foot pegs, get a headlight bulb, get a flasher unit, fill and install the new battery, fabricate a top mounting for the right rear shock and mount it, fabricate fairing brackets, redo and mount the exhaust, and sort out the brakes.
                            the front brake needs a new reservoir and lever, the rear brake has an issue with the one bleed nipple not closing off and allowing air in, dunno what I am going to do there?
                            Need to replace the heavy cable from the battery to earth and to the starter solenoid.
                            Then just give all the nuts and bolts the once over.
                            And then just pray fuel does not come ****ing out the carbs when I put gas in her.

Hi Andre, ya I know Cowley still make that system, or they did as of three years ago, I gave them a call to see if they would fabricate one for me, as I thought they were long out of production, only to hear that they still make them, and ya good price too, was around R1500 for the whole system as I recall back then, R750 for the headers and R750 for the tail piece.
                            They are down in Heidelberg, nice 40-45 minute drive from me.
                            I have the standard tailpiece on mine, but am looking for a competition tailpiece.
                            The idea was to put a new system on, but sadly can't afford it now, should have bought it back then when I could.

What hacks me off the most is that I can't find my GS1000G side cover emblems.

Comment

Good to know that Cowley still have pipes available!

Nice to see her coming together, not long now Flyboy.
                              Riding weather is almost here, get her done!

Comment

Crank, hoping to have it ready to take to the CMC get together in October, here is holding thumbs.
                                See you there.....

Comment

Working...
                                X