No announcement yet.

Jennifer's Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang-blasted homeowner associations. Why can't we just get rid of all of them? Who's it really hurting if any of us work on our stuff in our own garage?

So what you going to do now?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I see there are D-bags* the world over...

any space at one of those hangers you fly out of?

* dirt, douche,...
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yeah Scott, I don't know where to from here, to pizzed off to think about it now, will sleep on it and see where it goes.
        I can understand that they don't want people turning thier garages into trade workshops, it is a residential complex. But I only work on my bike once a week and only during the day, never at night, so there is no noise that can be heard outside of my garage, the lodest thing I have is a bloody 250w drill, for stuffs sakes, its not like I am running a compressor or angle grinding or welding or anything. All my work happens within the confines of my garage, not a foot outside.
        Besides we have a guy here who has a workshop in town, who is forever working on all kinds of Opel's in and outside his garage, we even have a darky here who is busy rebuilding an entire Mini from the ground up in his garage.
        So what is the deal with a little bike wrenching, once a week for a couple of hours.
        First order of business is to find out which SOB complained, I may have a use for the fork stantions before they go back into the lowers.

Comment

Hi Dale, problem is the airport is 30km away from home, if I spend anymore time there I will have a divorce case, but yes I may look for space ther to work. Will sleep on it.

Comment

Ooh, wielding that power must have given them a rush!

Thats not good news!

Comment

I would (in writing) contest the term "major repair" and call it an "ocassional, personal, noiseless hobby" and also invite them to see for themselves... and continue your work until you hear back from them...
              GS850GT

Comment

All I can think of is...
                WTF?!

Comment

First of all, great work on the forks!!!

As to the complaint... people SUCK! Well, not all people, but you get what I mean...

I'd be asking two things:

1. What proof do they have? Innocent until proven guilty right?

2. What constitutes "Major Repair" in their bylaws, and how does that relate to the actual work you performing at the time of the complaint?

Sounds to me like you need to have a word with the fellows doing the car work and putting the wind up them a bit by telling them that they'd better beware of the possibility of complaints and show them your letter.

You may then get some support from those guys to shove it fair up the idiots who are more interested in sticking their nose in your business and trying to tell you what you can and can't do rather than worrying about their own issues (of which they obviously have many).
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Right, got home early tonight and went across to have a chat to Mr. Caretaker dude about this nonsence of me not being able to work on my bike in my garage.
                    Anyway, hell of a nice bloke and he basically has no problem with it, but because he is the caretaker he has to do something when someone moans, understandable.
                    Well after a nice chat, end result is, he said, carry on, go ahead, if someone wants to bitch, just to send them to him, he will deal with it.
                    YAY, rebuild back on track.............

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      Right, got home early tonight and went across to have a chat to Mr. Caretaker dude about this nonsence of me not being able to work on my bike in my garage.
                      Anyway, hell of a nice bloke and he basically has no problem with it, but because he is the caretaker he has to do something when someone moans, understandable.
                      Well after a nice chat, end result is, he said, carry on, go ahead, if someone wants to bitch, just to send them to him, he will deal with it.
                      I'll head out in the garage and light up a cigar right away to celebrate! Congrats!

Comment

Hmmmmm...This is a little familiar to us.Our neighbor is a bored old busybody.Complains about absolutely anything.Must have the park owners on speed dial.Nice as can be some days,others ....well I'm not saying anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Excellent! Its always nice to see a difficult issue sorted out in a nice way. He will most likely pop over for a look-see soon.

Comment

Excellent result Flyboy!!!! Very glad to hear it

Now where're the progress pic's?
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

GAME ON!
                              Way to take it to the working guy... Congrats!

Comment

Ah, the joys of living in with a body corporate and with busybodies left & right getting their nose in where it is not needed. I would say "fair cop" of you had a lathe, angle grinder or even buffing wheel. But as you said, "near noiseless". The only saving grace is the fact that the caretaker is reasonable, and only deals with the silly complaints to be able to "tick them off the list".

I live in a set of units with my garage being directly below someone elses place. I am deliberately quiet in there, but sometimes i'll be doing something slightly noisy and will generally tr to time it to be in "business hours" when no one is there/will give a damn. The building must be either well soundproofed or the old couple above me are getting more deaf with old age as i haven't had a complaint in a couple of years of hammering, rattle gunning, drilling, sanding, sawing, wire wheeling and engine tuning.

Besides i've lived ther for 7 years and have been doing a lot of this stuff for the majority of the time i have been here. So if they aren't used to it by now, they never are going to be. I have gotten at least 100x more comments over the years of "your still working on those bikes" or neighbours obliviously striking up conversations when I am really knee deep into something and don't need the distraction than complaints, which although nicer, still sometimes cause me to grit my teeth and politely nod & swear under my breath when they finally go away as i had my momentum interrupted.

Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2011, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X