Jennifer's Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    Cough-cough... I hear tell George is a bit closer than QLD. Cough...

and Suzaan (sp?) makes great decals!
    Dale,
    Her name is spelled Suzaene and pronounced as you spelled it. Stan can even send all the parts over! She had the Windjammer and tank in her office some time ago!

Stan,
    It seems as if the pressure is now on you to finalize the scheme!

Comment

Well if we going that route... you don't have enough lines and they flow too nice with the body shape, I'd mix it up some.

BWA-HA-HA!!!!

Comment

Psy, you are right, there are about 3 exact same schemes, just the colous were different, yes, most our 850's came in the silver base with blue decals, same pattern, should not be rocket scince for them just to change the colours.

I hear candy pink is on special locally I could do you a real deal on
        Pete, funny you should mention that, remember the pics on page one, at the start of this thread?

Although it never started that way, that is fading due to the sun, it was "supposed" to be candy red, here she is just after she was done....

Greg, its all good mate, no worries, I wonder about it too some times, like I said, sometimes I feel like I am so over black, I have had black bikes most my life, some days I just want a change, something brighter, I really like these two as well, especially the blue, notice the red one, same decal kit, just different base colour

Andre, don't you start, between you and Greg, you are going to make my therapist a very rich man......must focus, must focus, must focus........

Yeah HD, and don't forget the black stripes to set it off, hey.

Comment

OK... seeing those pics maybe I want to change my vote to: Red !
          GS850GT

Comment

Therapist? Who needs a therapist? You got a GS!

There are lots of other therapists here on the GSR also to encourage your disorder...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Red looks nice on that one.

Comment

I vote for the blue. Thats what i'll probably do mine. Great progress on Jennifer btw.

Comment

Moto, strange you should say that, I was set on the blue for a long time myself, I do still like it, but she is going back to original...sort of.

Anyway, update time again, so jury, please take your seats.
                  Its been a while, but I have not been doing nothing, just nothing news or photo worthy, just been potting along doing little odds and sods, that all started to come together today.
                  I have bben on a mission to get some paint down, way ahead of schedule, thanks to Pete and his paint thread, so sanding and more sanding has been taking up most of my Sundays.
                  Also got the back wheel finished today after it had been standing half done for about 4 weeks.

Then between sanding and laying primer I put it all together, to keep myself occupied, and give the primer time to flash off.

Hub splines in and good quality new bearings, with metal seal both sides, and of course......Honda Moly Lube, all the way from Michigan, Many thanks Dale.

And of course Then I just had to, didn't I, seeing I got my new swingarm bearings in and the swing arm mounted yesterday, and I have been cleaning up my rear shocks,

Behold, for the first time in nearly 18 months, Jennifer is back up on two wheels.

Comment

very nice job!
                    i bet it s great to see her on 2 wheels again

Comment

Wooohooo!!!! Nice work Stan!!!

Now you gotta put your 'bars on and roll around the garage... vroom vroom!
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Congratulations. Hopefully you'll be riding in a shorter time than it looks like I will.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post

And of course Then I just had to, didn't I, seeing I got my new swingarm bearings in and the swing arm mounted yesterday, and I have been cleaning up my rear shocks,
                            Stan, I have no doubt after seeing the quality of your work so far, your painting of Jennifers new clothes will look as equally good.

Your striving towards perfection is making Her look gorgeous! and I, of all people, am very envious of your work. YOU Sir have raised the bar...
                            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Great start Stan..Will be checking in from time to time. All my GSs are done so its moving on to the 76 Hondamatic.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

many thanks for the kind words guys, I just try, thats all, without all of you to inspire me and push me on, well....
                                Although I must confess, I did forget a spacer, back wheel has to come off again but its ok, because the axle, spacers and the axle nut need to go in for plating anyway, you notice they are not shiny yet. Will do that this week.
                                Anyway, i was busy updating when the forum went down for maintenance, so without further muttering....

Ok, so like I said, been doing plenty prep work to get some paint down, sanding has been with 320 grit, some would say that I should have used 120 grit paper to speed things up, well I tried 120 at one stage, and let me tell you, the aggressiveness of it scared the crap out of me and I abandoned that idea pretty smartly and went back to 320 grit, I guess it takes a bit longer, but I feel better with it, call me a ninny.

Anyway, side covers all done, ready for primer, or so I thought.....

Laid down some primer and so far so good, or so it seemed....

as soon as it dried, upon inspection straight away it was clear that all was not well.

This one showed up after only one coat

Comment

Working...
                                X