No announcement yet.

Jennifer's Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stan, that's one 'fine' looking project you got there; very impressive work!

I know you deserve a beer for all the hard work you have done, but it can't be that hard to replace the missed fender bracket can it?
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Looks like you are coming along nicely. Heck, you might even beat me back to the road.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks Dale/Scott, nah not too hard to replace the bracket, just hacks me off that I forgot it, it is a bit fiddly with the back wheel already in place, but no more than half an hours work.

Hahahaha, Scott, I seriously doubt it, not by a long shot, you will have a whole summers riding under your belt before Jennifer even feels air in her tires again.

Comment

Stan that's impressive work! She's really looking schmick and coming together as a roller, just awesome stuff! And your attention to detail is outstanding as always

As for the bracket... yeah bit of a bugger but good idea to go have a beer too, I hated missing little things like that because I knew it would suck up more time to sort out, but I kept doing it...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks Pete, yeah, bugger, will whip it in first thing next Sunday, bloody glad I didn't have the panier brackets all mounted up.
            No question it is going to happen a good few more times before I am done.

Comment

Hey Stan,

Bike looks great can't wait to see it without the nice blue bike cover.

I love the feeling of seeing the refurbished parts bin shrink. Makes my heart feel good. LoL.

Keep it up can't wait to see a shot of the bike with her tank on and covers in place.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul, yeah, that used to be my bed sheet, before it became a bike cover, much to the dismay and howls of the minister of fun.
                You may be in for a bit of a wait for a shot of her with her clothes on Paul, not sure yet if I am going to do the clothes or the motor last, the jury is still out on that one.

Comment

that's all very impressive flyboy!
                  i have to say i feel ashamed to have left the rear light housing on my bike all faded and yellow... will have to correct that up to your standard some day
                  Last edited by psyguy; 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM.
                  GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Thanks Pete, yeah, bugger, will whip it in first thing next Sunday, bloody glad I didn't have the panier brackets all mounted up.
                    No question it is going to happen a good few more times before I am done.
                    Yeah that would've been worse... the less you have to pull back off to put on what you forgot the better

And I have no doubt you'll forgot more things... let's just hope they're all simple things like that!
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hey Flyboy ask my wife how may times I had Yeller's swing arm on and off.........On second thought better not.Doubly bad as the Full Floater is a $#*&(^# to install.

Comment

Phaaa, Psy, outta site, outta mind, don't sweat it, no one knows, well they didn't till now.
                        Problem is I know, maybe I suffer from OCD, far to pedantic about details.
                        Greg, I can only imagine fighting with all those links and joints on the full floater by yourself....more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Phaaa, Psy, outta site, outta mind, don't sweat it, no one knows
                          i have to say thats not quite so in my case ... there are a few newly chromed bolts on my bike that no one will ever see but *I* know they're there and it brings a grin on my face when i think of it
                          GS850GT

Comment

hahahaha, i know what you mean, I used a couple of the old nuts on Jennifer because I bought 4 short and I wanted to get the work done and it is also out of sight stuff, dude I couldn't sleep that whole night, first thing Saturday morning, I went and bought nuts, and replaced them....I think I need help

Comment

lol, yeah that's what i mean!
                              GS850GT

Comment

Another Sunday, another bit of work done.
                                Not a whole lot to share, didn't get around to doing much, but did finish off the electrical panel and the rear end, I can now put them to bed and call them done.

The first order of business was to install the rear fender stiffner/bracket, that I forgot last weekend, it is all in and the back end is now all bolted up and done.

Then I tackled that grubby ignitor I posted last weekend, it was the only thing missing to complete the electrical panel.
                                Cleaned the elecrtrical circuit board with contact cleaner all nice, gave the box some paint and put it all back together.

Cut off the old plugs and sleeving and cleaned up the wires and, they were so grubby you could hardly make out the colours.

And installed nice new shrink sleeving and good spade type terminals.

Out with the old

And in with the new

Electrical panel, all done and dusted.

The rear boot that fits under the tail was still in the brake fluid, so I started on these.

Like I said, not much, but something done.

Comment

Working...
                                X