Project Windjammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    I suppose you're thinking of having decals made for the lowers and your 'newly' acquired luggage?
    Yes I will most probably have them done as well. I did not get the lowers made now as they have to be designed from a picture. Now I can start sanding the Windjammer and prepping it for spraying!

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
      I did not get the lowers made now as they have to be designed from a picture.
      How about putting in a request for a tracing of the decals, from someone who has a WJ5?

Someone like Steve perhaps? http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...1&postcount=24
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
        How about putting in a request for a tracing of the decals, from someone who has a WJ5?

Someone like Steve perhaps? http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...1&postcount=24
        Thats a good suggestion, I might have to go that route. I have some good photos, but its hard to see if the gold striping has black borders as well.
        The dimensions of the lower decal may help as well as the distances from the edges. Even a photo with a ruler may help. A tracing would be first place.

Anyone reading this and has Windjammer V Lowers is welcome to respond.

Comment

I have a set of lowers out in the shed that will be going on the kid's bike later this year, but I'm not sure if they are for a Windjammer V.

The best I can do to help you is to present a picture of a bike that is fully-equipped by Vetter.

I looked at the lowers in the shed, the striping does not match the ones here. If you want pictures/measurements, let me know.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I have a set of lowers out in the shed that will be going on the kid's bike later this year, but I'm not sure if they are for a Windjammer V.

I looked at the lowers in the shed, the striping does not match the ones here. If you want pictures/measurements, let me know.
            Steve,
            The stripes on the hardbags on that picture of yours seem to match the Windjammer V format. The Windjammer V has a narrow triangle, about half the width of those mounted to the Windjammer SS on your picture on the lowers. If you have those, a closeup picture would be very helpful and appreciated.

See second last picture here: http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Own...20page.19.html

Comment

OK, that's not what I have.

I have to get out in the driveway and change the oil on Mrs. Steve's car before it gets dark, but will get pictures of what I do have a bit later.

It does not even come close to matching your description or the picture, but it might give you some other ideas.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hey Andre, just discovered this thread... that is an awesome work and dedication you have going there. Looking forward to the updates.
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                  Hey Andre, just discovered this thread... that is an awesome work and dedication you have going there. Looking forward to the updates.
                  Thanks Ivor, I will have to slow down a bit as this was supposed to be a "long term" project and it seems as if my wallet is starting to lag behind!
                  Dale has managed to secure a set of expandable hardbags for me as well from ebay. As you know shipping is a wallet killer for us on the other end of the world, especially for larger parcels.
                  Keep well.

Comment

I have WJ V lowers in the garage. If no one else has done so I will take some pics with a tape showing size on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
                      I have WJ V lowers in the garage. If no one else has done so I will take some pics with a tape showing size on Friday.
                      Thanks good mate! Very much appreciated!

Comment

Measurements

Here are some photos with a tape in them. The stripe itself is a total of about 1/4 inch wide with the gold being 1/8 and a black border of 1/16. The placement of the decal is pretty easy. On mine the top forward corner fits right into the corner of the flat surface of the lower. If you want larger pics I can send them through an email.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
                          If you want larger pics I can send them through an email.
                          PM sent!
                          Thanks a lot, this is good info!

Comment

I've been off the forum for several weeks now, so missed the call for pics/tracings, etc. Sorry about that! Glad to see somebody else stepped up to the plate for you.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                              I've been off the forum for several weeks now, so missed the call for pics/tracings, etc. Sorry about that! Glad to see somebody else stepped up to the plate for you.

Regards,
                              No problem! I have had some other priorities and hoping for some time soon to carry on with the paint prep. Just too busy at the moment unfortunately.

Comment

did our radio pod show up yet?? Hows the project coming so far??
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X