Engine case savers- 1985 GS700e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine case savers- 1985 GS700e

Hi Guys, Can anyone help me with these, does any other Suzuki engine crash bars fit the 85 700, I see a few older, 78 or so, 750 bars for sale. Looks like I have two upper mounting bolts and one lower. I also saw a pair for a 1985 GS550 bars for sale. Will any of these fit my bike, maybe close? I'm a welder so I'm not afraid to alter them a little.

Thank you, Rick

Make your own... can't be that hard!
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I havent seen any that are reasonable. Theres a website that I found a while back that will make them custom for your application at a hefty price. If you end up finding or making your own let me know!

Comment

I have seen them on ebay from time to time but you know how that goes..

Comment

What you plan on crashing ?! Just kidding.... I just saw some on flea bay a few weeks back.

Comment

I couldn't find a set for the 85 700e but I just picked up a set for a 1983 GPz 750, we'll see how those work out. They look close, a little welding should do it hopefully. I'll report back. Thanks, Rick

Comment

So, I got these bars and they look like they would fit a few different bikes. Even with my headers they will fit but with some grinding they'll fit and look so much better. The lower mount is a U bolt that goes around the frame tube section and the top two frame mounting bolts line up perfect. Not a perfect, like an original factory bar, but they will do until a pair of factory bars come down the pike.

I think the Suzuki bars (case savers) mount at the lower bolt hole in the frame, anybody have a set to confirm this?

Thanks, Rick

Comment

Could you post some pics of this as I've been looking for some for my 84 Katana for a long time now.....

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                  Could you post some pics of this as I've been looking for some for my 84 Katana for a long time now.....

Thanks!
                  Sure, everything is taking forever because of the freezing weather though.

Comment

It's unfortunate everyone is so far away as I have 2 sets in the garage that came off the two 84 GS 750E projects I got. Shipping them would be killer.
                    They both have pavement rash and black in color........

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
                      It's unfortunate everyone is so far away as I have 2 sets in the garage that came off the two 84 GS 750E projects I got. Shipping them would be killer.
                      They both have pavement rash and black in color........
                      I've bought a few things from your area, I think the shipping was 40 or so for a good size box (had a headlight fairing in it), I'd be glad to see what shipping would be for a pair of original case savers (even rashed up, fixable, yes?). Please let me know, I could paypal you- rkj2002us@yahoo.com if you think this would work for you and you want to talk about it.

new york 11930

Thanks, Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X