GS1100G Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, mate.
    I can't wait to see the whole thing together instead of just these teaser pics.

Comment

hahaha Me too Leigh! lol

Comment

That's an interesting Ford you have there. We didn't get that one here.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Those 351-C's are darn good engines, should be a runner for sure! You Aussies got quite a few Fords we didn't here in the states... Even though we had Fairlanes they didn't look like that. They were their own model until about '68 when they were changed. Then, base model Torino's were called Failanes up to '70.

After that the name was dropped all together. Yours looks more like what we called an LTD here. I remember them because my Grandparent's had one.

Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

They put your steering wheel on the wrong side! =p

Comment

I was thinking the same thing 'bout yours! Ha-ha

I STILL want to just see ONE of your old Falcon XB-GT's over here!

Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Only a week to go you reckon? Cool!!! You'll beat me on the road... but that's not surprising... hahaha

Love the ZH, that is gonna be a sweet ride...

And Hoosier, XB's are nice, but better in this style:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Oh Snap...
                  I love the XBGT's. Very very very rare.

That LTD you have, was also delivered here. The fairlane I have is quite rare too, in good condition that is...always hard to source parts for it. But im sure many old men have them locked in their sheds in pristine condition! haha....

Comment

sweet rides...

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
                    The brake line runs behind the light and sort of does an S bend, is that ok? or should the brake cable and the clutch cable both run infront of the headlight, never had a naked bike so Im unsure how it goes...pics anyone?

i think you can run all the cables and the brake line any way you like, but in the stock configuration they all run behind the headlight

GS850GT

Comment

Interesting. Because the handlebars are higher, on the GS as oppose to the low bars i put on mine, the cable is fluid and smooth, like a babys buttocks....
                      All good thanks for the pics!

Comment

Yep, I have re-routed cables on a few bikes because of Drag bars and Clubmans. Sometimes you need to get a little creative, but as long as the runs are smooth with no tight bends you should be fine. Just be sure to turn the bars to the steering stops in both directions and check them. Last thing you want is your throttle to stick open in a tight turn.

Comment

Hello my good friends.
                          I have some great news. Finally got off my ass and started the GS and boy is it sweet.

I started on saturday night to get it ready for the first kick over. I put in some oil (thin stuff for its startup) and got the carbs in order. I havn't rebuilt the carbs yet, as I wanted to have a benchmark with the bike running so I knew where to go with the rebuild, but they were fine before teardown so thats cool.

My mate came over as he loves helping with the bike or anything mechanical. I got everything in order and went and bought some fresh fuel. I had to assemble my tank as I bought a new Fuel tap. The tank has not been repainted since I changed the colour scheme, but thats no biggie.

Anyway First problem i had was that I am now running a dynacoil pack and I had no idea which spark plug coil was 1 and 3 and which was for 2 and 4. Since I re wired the bike also, the colours didnt match up (obviously) so I had to do some trial and error. I think we got it worked out after a while.
                          Bike would crank but wouldnt start for about 2 hours, while we tried various things....just as we were bout to call it a night i removed the fuel tank, hooked up a funnel to the fuel hose and poured fuel in. I saw fuel dripping from the bottom of the carbs and i was like "thats not normal". SO i had a closer look and the fuel hose that goes to the T piece was leaking. I couldnt see it before when the tank was on because the tank on "prime" doesnt send as much fuel through as I was sending so who knows.
                          Anyway, took it off inspected and put a metal clamp on it and tightned it. Tried again, and it wasnt leaking. Pressed the button and BANG> Running.
                          It was running a little rough so i had to play with the idle.

Went to bed at 2 am (wife was not impressed being woken up at 1 am with, what she describes as a T-rex giving birth). But she's used to my antics so its ok. lol.
                          There is no muffler on the bike yet so its hella loud.

Woke up the next morning and tinkered for a bit, and got it running pretty smooth...Please let me know if you think my cylinders are firing in the wrong order, I'm sure they are or else it would not start or be very obvious....The manual says 1,2,4 and 3 which means If I had 1 and 4 mixed up it or 2 and 3 mixed up it should still run fine (based on my logic of it catching up...not sure bout that!)...

Anyway, here is the VID as promised. Not long to go before I can take her out (still waiting on my bolt for the rear axle as there is no bolt on it yet!!

PS. If you're wondering, I am using jumper leads from my car to the bike positive and negative cables...LoL my battery is dead and was on the charger, hey its dodge but it works!
                          Also I took off the pods so I could see whats going on in there. Also had to give it some "start ya bastard" to help it start...it idles much nicer with the pods on now.

........WHY CANT I EMBED VIDEOS ON THIS FORUM!!!!......

here is the youtube link.

Comment

one coil fires 1 and 4, the other coil fires 2 and 3.

Originally posted by oohsam View Post
                            Anyway First problem i had was that I am now running a dynacoil pack and I had no idea which spark plug coil was 1 and 3 and which was for 2 and 4.
                            Last edited by rustybronco; 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM. Reason: added quote
                            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Sweet!
                              What rotors and calipers are you using on it?

Daniel

Comment

The bike looks great! It'll idle much better with the pods on. GS's don't like to run with unfiltered air. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Congrats on start up!

Comment

Working...
                                X