81 GS650 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650 Project

I've had this bike for three days now, and so far discovered a few important things. The engine is turning, it has spark, and it is really close to actually starting.

Since I don't have a camera I copied the pictures from the Craigslist ad. They're pretty accurate.

I've ordered a new tank off of ebay. The starter button broke so I've ordered an aftermarket set of controls from Dime City Cycles. It needs a new battery so next time I go into town I plan on picking one up. Aside from all that, I'm going to pull the carbs and clean them.

It also has no air filter. Would anyone happen to know what is the best kind for this bike? I have an airbox and the carbs and that is it, so no real idea what kind to get. The manual I have seems to indicate that there's a piece for mounting the air filter.

Get a K&N from any bike shop or even the stock Suzuki one is okay to get yourself back on the road. If you're missing the cage for it you'll want to hit Ebay to find a new one.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
    X