83 GS 750E Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS 750E Project

Here is my new project. it's an 83 750E with 16,000 miles. Runs good just needs some cleaning and paint and a few parts. I've always wanted one of these and the price was right. I traded my 83 XL600 that needed overhaul for it. Not bad I'd say. So, I'm sure I'll be on here begging for parts soon.

Mad

I have a NOS ignition cover if you need one...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Ign cover

Hi Salty,
      IS that the left side crank cover? That's the one I need. I believe it covers the stator. It looks like it took a hit and someone JB welded it. And so it leaks a bit. And I want to find a nice cover to make the bike pretty again as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
        Hi Salty,
        IS that the left side crank cover? That's the one I need. I believe it covers the stator. It looks like it took a hit and someone JB welded it. And so it leaks a bit. And I want to find a nice cover to make the bike pretty again as much as possible.

I believe the Salty is talking about is on the right side. You can take the stator cover to a good welder and he can fix it up for ya. just make sure it clears the stator rotor.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          I believe the Salty is talking about is on the right side. You can take the stator cover to a good welder and he can fix it up for ya. just make sure it clears the stator rotor.

Yeah, I could but I want to try and find a cover that looks better, without all the gouges and scratches. Gotta try to make the new baby look good.

Comment

Working...
          X