No announcement yet.

1978 spare change suzi Q project......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotorLou, you are about to convert me! (not really)Fine work,. I like the pics of the 2nd bike too. You have skills

Comment

thanks man, i love making these old jap bikes look cooler than harley's for a 1/3 of the price! ha ha ha

Comment

i saw that 2nd GS on youtube!

Comment

the second one was one of my favorites. my computer don't let me embed but here is the video link for it.

Comment

I love your work and it's just a pity you're not my next door neighbour.

Comment

Hey Lou I checked out your youtube vids...

I may like the retro stretched kz1000 as much as the one above. you do very complete work

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
              80 gs1000s

Comment

you guys really are a kind crowd around here and i thank you for the support! the KZ1000 project was a 1978 kz1000 which i bought from a customer. his father actually bought the bike from the LA police department when it was decommissioned in the early 80's. i told my customer that since the bike had some kind of sentimental value i would give it a good second life but try to keep it connected to it's roots. i made it look like a police bike but just my interpretation of it with all the lights and sirens ect. i think one of my youtube videos actually shows the light and sirens working.

Comment

hi guys just wanted to post one last pic of this project. we had a few bugs to work out with with the carbs and the cold starting. it would take alot to get past the studdering when the bike was cold but we fixed it with new plugs, new jets ect. this weekend we went on the bikes first good maiden voyage around the lake by my house. the bike ran like a champ with the exception on some farting on the higher rpm range. it will prolly need bigger main jets. other than that i was on my sporty and i wasn't able to shake my friend. damn little suzu Q loves jammin down the road!!

Comment

Really great looking bikes.
                    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

old style stance of gs looks great ,,sweet to ride i bet

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                      I am kind of a purist like the others here, but that is one bike I would be proud to ride ! very cool old old old school
                      ..........................hi guys i really lov...this bike ,,,it looks greatparticularly the tank but overall look is great regards oldgrumpy

Comment

You might need a Dynojet kit to correct for the airbox removal. The tapered needles in the kit help to rectify that lean condition causing your problem..
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

sorry i haven't come back to answer, i just been busy riding. i will look into those dyno jets. we fixed the problem regarding the cold start ups and bogging until the bike warmed up but we still experiencing bogging when the bike takes off from stand still. other than that she runs like a champ

Comment

Working...
                          X