1979 GS750L project -- progress pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS750L project -- progress pics

picked this one up as a project last june. replaced the fuses, cleaned the fuse holders, and jumped the electrics with my R75. found that everything works including the indicator lights, all gear position lights, headlight high/low, etc. starter spins the engine and had some nice sparks too. was about to dress and gap the points and discovered a new Dyna S ignition installed. a nice surprise. i started the project but a nice GS550E fell into my lap. completed a full mechanical and cosmetic refurb and she was sold a few weeks ago. then i had to bring my R75/6 {w/out trans} to my mechanic for a rear main seal. re-installed the trans, then full service, and she's now ready for another season.

have now jumped back into the GS750L project.
    has been off the road for somewhere between 5 to 10 years, but stored well. PO's nephew recently bought a clymers then gave up pretty quickly it seems.

my plan is to get her running, check the charging system and shifting. seat and seat pan are terrible, airbox is missing, and hated the ape hangers so that pointing me in a direction.

stock exhaust is very nice, as is all the chrome. aftermarket shocks were toast, so i replaced them with shorties. front is slammed 50mm, with clip-ons below the triples. it will take me awhile for the "vision thing" to coalesce. am going for a "drag bike" look, so probably a short bump seat but not sure about that. it's been lightened quite a bit, on my calibrated scale i see 241lbs front and 238lbs rear, without fuel and a little seat.

bp
    Attached Files

pic

only one pic per post
    Attached Files

Comment

one pic

attached one pic
      Attached Files

Comment

another pic

another pic attached