No announcement yet.

Honda R\R replacement list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used blade type connectors to just bypass the connector in order to get it up and running, however with my leg in a cast I have not returned to my garage to mount the carbs and try to run the bike.

Comment

One of the techs at where I used to work hooked me up with a
      SH541KD
      that he said would work,
      3phase 3 yellow
      1 sensor brown
      red/white outX2
      black groundX2
      One of each of the red and black go to the battery and to the fuse block.
      He aslo gave me the schematic of the bike it came off of to get the wires hooked up right. So when the Ricks dies, I have a spare.

Comment

Got my used stock EBAY regulator today . It's charging in range finnally ,even at idle.Time to get out of the house and ride!!! Pat

Comment

honda r/r

I have a shindengen sh542-12 12v r/r off a honda xl 600. it has 5 wires instead of the four my 1100 has, but does anyone know if it would work if i needed it to? just wondering.
          nathan

Comment

this one? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-164590074.htm
            probably not.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

yeah except mine says 6.5 on it instead if the 8.1 or whatever.oh well.
              thanks.

Comment

I have access to a used cbr600f3 r/r and a brand new f4i r/r that I will be trying out tonight. Does anybody know of any reason these two wouldn't work?

Comment

Hi, well my ebay stock regulator is failing. I just bought a 1983 Honda VF750 F SH541-12 12V , 8 wire . It has 3 yellow ,2 red ,2 green and a black .My stock 81 gs450l has 5 wire .1 yellow, 1red white with blue stripe ,1 white with red stripe and a black with white stripe. Anyone know the hookups ? Any help will be appriciated. Thanks ,Pat
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 81REDGS450L View Post
                    Hi, well my ebay stock regulator is failing. I just bought a 1983 Honda VF750 F SH541-12 12V , 8 wire . It has 3 yellow ,2 red ,2 green and a black .My stock 81 gs450l has 5 wire .1 yellow, 1red white with blue stripe ,1 white with red stripe and a black with white stripe. Anyone know the hookups ? Any help will be appriciated. Thanks ,Pat
                    The 3 yellow connect to the three wires (yellow, white/blue, white/red) coming from the stator in any order. That's right, the order does not matter. Really.

The two red wires are basically just redundancy -- connect BOTH red wires to the red wire on your bike.

The two green wires go to ground. This is probably a black wire on your bike, but it is best if you run a good solid ground wire from the battery to a point on the chassis from the battery and then connect the R/R to that.

The black wire is the sense wire -- it must be connected to a switched positive. You'll need to find a wire that's live when the key is on and splice it into that. You can't just hook it up to the positive or the battery will slowly drain. You can't just ignore it or the regulator will overcharge.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Sounds simple enough! Thank You !! Pat

Comment

one more R/R to add to the list that will work '82-4'ish gold wing gl1000
                        I.D. # shindengen sh541c-12

Comment

just picked up a SH538-12 from a GL1100 on ebay for $.99. It tested good and is on "the list" so I expect good results.

Every once in a while .... a real bargain! ....just had to share .....

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by ddominik View Post

Dom
                            got me beat... I paid 1.99 + shipping for my sh541c-12

Comment

Originally posted by ddominik View Post
                              just picked up a SH538-12 from a GL1100 on ebay for $.99. It tested good and is on "the list" so I expect good results.

Dom
                              I have had that same regulator on mine for about 2 years now, haven't had a problem since the 'conversion'. When i was going through this fiasco then, I found pretty much any 'bigger-biked' Honda regulator would work. Bought mine for $5, and charges at 14.8V after 1900 RPM.

Comment

I have compiled a longish spreadsheet with the name and model of regulators, most of the info skimmed from various internet sources and also the couple in this thread. I would gladly share it, but does anyone know what would be the best way to publish the list here that allows for easy update?
                                Its in Excel at the moment.
                                Uploading and giving a download link causes problems when I edit it as the link changes. I tried pasting it as a text file but it does not work too well and is too difficult to read then.

Comment

Working...
                                X