'82 GS850 Fork Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS850 Fork Swap

along with severage other issues, i just found out that my front end is totally bend . looks like this is going to be more expensive than i thought.

Oh well at least i get an excuse to upgrade

Ive seen GSXR forks swapped in on old GS's before. Does anybody know which modesl are compatible with my '82 GS850

What happened Beans? Your bike was running fantastic when you last left, or so I thought.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

well its getting there, running smooth but now dripping gas out of exhaust ports 2&3 (put a new thread in the carb section). checking spark/coils and possibly redoing the carbs today.

oh and aparently its had a rough life, definately some kind of front end impact. forks are hosed

Comment

Originally posted by BeanTown View Post
        oh and aparently its had a rough life, definately some kind of front end impact. forks are hosed
        If the tubes aren't bent too badly, you can always straighten them. A couple of blocks of wood, a hole saw, a press and some way of measuring their straightness as you un-bend them is all that's required.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I have a similar question to this one. I have a 1980 GS850 and I would like to put in some shorter forks. Are there any other GS forks that are shorter but would be easily swaped with mine?

Comment

you could just loosen the bolts on the triple tree and slide up the clamp points.... or get some fancy ones and sell me ur old ones...

Comment

Originally posted by BeanTown View Post
              Ive seen GSXR forks swapped in on old GS's before. Does anybody know which modesl are compatible with my '82 GS850

sub'd for answer

In the meantime I will keep searching for GSXR fork swap options for my 80 GS850

Comment

Most GSXR forks are generally too short

Katana and Bandits will also swap in, all of them need minor mods

There's a bunch of swaps at Oldschoolsuzuki.info
                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                2007 DRz 400S
                1999 ATK 490ES
                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

You could just find another pair of 850 or 1000 forks and be riding much sooner.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                    Most GSXR forks are generally too short

Katana and Bandits will also swap in, all of them need minor mods

There's a bunch of swaps at Oldschoolsuzuki.info
                    The correct domain appears to be:
                    Genetic engineering of an extinct species

But the server appears to be non-responsive. Is there another similar resource?
                    I am also looking to see what newer suspensions I could upgrade an older GS1100 with. I LOVE the styling, but those boats could use some updated technology. ^.^

Comment

Working...
                    X