Greetings, assistance needed please - as per title, on removing sump (to remove engine unknown from frame) I have found what appears to be a circular shim - not mashed up thankfully! It has witness marks showing rotational movement.
o/d - 24.85mm ~ .978 inch
i/d - 13.40mm ~ .527 inch
thickness 0.85mm ~ .033 inch
It's a chain drive 750 8v with 850 top end, there's lots of debris in the sump - non metalic and I'm guessing from camchain guides - I'm not able to strip motor at present time (planned for early new year) but would like to know if anyone can identify the shim / washer please.
Motor isn't seized and as said. the shim/washer hasn't been mashed up passing through the engine - going by the amount of orange rtv sealant the previous "builder" wasn't greatly skilled in the art and I'm optimistic shim was "lost" on assembly and lay forgotten ?...
Cheers
Matt
o/d - 24.85mm ~ .978 inch
i/d - 13.40mm ~ .527 inch
thickness 0.85mm ~ .033 inch
It's a chain drive 750 8v with 850 top end, there's lots of debris in the sump - non metalic and I'm guessing from camchain guides - I'm not able to strip motor at present time (planned for early new year) but would like to know if anyone can identify the shim / washer please.
Motor isn't seized and as said. the shim/washer hasn't been mashed up passing through the engine - going by the amount of orange rtv sealant the previous "builder" wasn't greatly skilled in the art and I'm optimistic shim was "lost" on assembly and lay forgotten ?...
Cheers
Matt