• This forum allows conversation on non-controversial topics, therefore no politics or religion. "The Campfire" is an area meant for casual, civil discussions. Deliberate anti-social activity including personal insults, profanity, pornography, racism, threats and purposely inflammatory posts may result in suspension of forum access or possibly a permanent ban from GSR.

    The words insight and incite are pronounced the same. But one of them will get you banned and the other will not. Before hitting the Submit button be certain which of the two better describes your post.

  • Required reading for all forum users!!!

    Welcome!
    Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.

    A note to new registrants...
    All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.

    A Special Note about Email accounts!
    DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.

    A note to old forum members...
    I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.

    Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.

    Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...

  • Returning Visitors

    If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.

    If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.

Just spotted at The Tail of the Dragon

LAB3

Forum Sage
Past Site Supporter
Thought you guys might enjoy this, a very tidy looking GS1150 parked in the lot at Deals Gap Motorcycle Lodge a few minutes ago. Folks are packed in here today, would have liked a better shot of it.

179.jpg
 
In 1985, I was riding an '82 GPz 550 up Mount Lemmon in Tucson. Two guys went by on GS1150Es, one red and white, one blue and white. They went around me at a very fast clip, riding really well. I wanted a GS1150 immediately.

Ultimately, the 1150 didn't enchant me as much as other bikes I had owned before I got one, but I had a fun three years of ownership of mine.
 
No doubt, love see'in those old things, thou for me liked the "E" way more than the "ES". One of my "E" was a de-fairinged "ES". That one looks really great... Like Pilot, saw the 1150's and it took a while but finally got 2 of them. The 1150's weren't as enchanting nor comfortable, to me, as the GS1000's and GS1100's... Never figured why the "ES" had the lower bars, leaning you lower when you were fine sitting up straight, behind the fairing, and the "E" had the taller bars where you needed to be leaning more forward but was left sitting up straighter... Got an old "ES" fairing if anybody's interested in coming to get it.... Possibly a set of tall bars, would got to look.... Sure exciting to see those things.
 
I had a ‘83 1100E years ago that I fitted a 1150 fairing on. It bolted right up as Suzuki put a threaded mount on the stem👍😎 Have to dig thru pics and see if I can find any
 
yep Craig, probably same threaded mounts for 1100 "ES" and 1150 "ES"... "83" 1100 E's were blue or red, That picture looks like the "82" champagne color... Don't look bad.
 
Last edited:
Color is how I bought her but always knew it had been repainted. Was a ‘83 yet she was sold in ‘07 when my ‘00 ZG1000 Concours came along.😁😱😒IMG_2729.jpeg
 
I'm quite happy with my ZG1200, 13k miles since buying it as a Christmas present for myself last winter.

165.jpg
 
I had an 84 EF1150 some years back...bought it for $600.....cleaned it up.
Ran well....and I always wanted because I thought it would be a great sport touring bike....but the clip on bars were terrible for long distance...should have put some superbike bars on it. Great looking bike though and an amazing motor.
 
Best of the GS for what I do and they fit me well. Just waiting for another right one to come up for sale near me. The styling is bit chunky but not bad (sort of like an 84 Corvette) but the suspension/tires/brakes/engine all work pretty well. I've had 3 so far. Most annoying problems I've had are pretty minor, dealing with bodywork tabs and the mirrors folding back at speeds above 100MPH.
 

Attachments

  • azuke1.jpg
    azuke1.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top