Pulled over for???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled over for???

So after my 250mile little jaunt today I am less than 1 mile from home..stopped and got coffee and a 12 pack of pop strapped on the seat..put my helmet on and gloves and my jacket as I ALWAYS do..I pull out of the lot and whammo...get pulled over..for get this..my face shield on my helmet was "up"..are you frickin kidding me???? I have all the gear on and i get pulled over for my face shield not being down...I cant count how many idiots I saw today with no helmet or gear on shorts and a t-shirt and no glasses...sorry for the rant but that just really really burns me...rant over.

DDM

i haven't wore glasses on my last few rides....
    but i do have a windshield

Comment

Did you get a ticket for that?

Comment

According to the state of Minnesota, eye protection is required by law at all times.

Comment

Somebody was obviously looking for reasons to pull someone over .
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
            According to the state of Minnesota, eye protection is required by law at all times.

I do believe thats the way it is here in ohio too.
            I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
            http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture003.jpg 1982 GS850G

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...n1/Picture.jpg 1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
              So after my 250mile little jaunt today I am less than 1 mile from home..stopped and got coffee and a 12 pack of pop strapped on the seat..put my helmet on and gloves and my jacket as I ALWAYS do..I pull out of the lot and whammo...get pulled over..for get this..my face shield on my helmet was "up"..are you frickin kidding me???? I have all the gear on and i get pulled over for my face shield not being down...I cant count how many idiots I saw today with no helmet or gear on shorts and a t-shirt and no glasses...sorry for the rant but that just really really burns me...rant over.

DDM
              Hey, I was warned by another guy that the St. Cloud cops really look for that eye protection. They pull lots of m/c riders over for that. Did you just get a warning? (it is the law in MN too, even though you don't need to protect any other body parts).
              Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I got a ticket for that in Anchorage in 1990.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Who da deputy?

Deputy Barny Fife?
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

It's a law here too, and I think with good reason. But I think most motorcyclists keep their shield up whenever they're at a stop and put it down once they're underway - I know I do.
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I sometimes leave mine up if I'm just putting around town. But I also wear glasses.
                      I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
                      http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture003.jpg 1982 GS850G

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...n1/Picture.jpg 1980 GS1100L

Comment

What a D-nozzle. Sorry you had to put up with that.

It's probably not the Cop's fault though, they're not trained with the ability to use discretion these days...

Comment

Didnt get a ticket just a warning....and its not the ticket/warning that gets me..its I'm in all my gear and STILL got pulled over..I wasnt even 100 ft from the gas station where I left...I even told the cop I said "are you serious"...also told him I rode over 200 miles today and saw countless people with no eye protection..let alone anything else..just ticks me off...I preach about headware and gear for riding to guys at work..3 of wich dont wear a helmet...and yet I am the one who gets pulled over...a bunch of BS..next time i'll just ride a wheelie at 30mph through town WITH my safety glasses on!!

Comment

That is just insane! In Colorado I guess things are quite as tightly regulated. I've even seen a stupid kid riding a late model sport bike, wearing nothing but tennis shoes and shorts. Talk about pain if he falls. Ray
                            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Ive been pulled over twice by MNs finest for too dark a window tint in my car. ????
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                              X