Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Beautiful bike!

Try this, sit on the bike on the centerstand with a stick or something in each hand, assume the position you think you want to ride in and measure the height, width and angles, you should be able to get bars that are close.
    I like bars from a smaller GS, for instance GS450 bars on a 750, perhaps GS 550 or 750 bars on a 1000. They will give a little more forward leaning position. Might cut an inch off either end too depending on the planned use of the bike.
    Heh, thought you didn't like 'L's

Gorgeous bike though. I'm jealous

Comment

Agreed about that 'L'.

I am not a big fan either (usually) but that is sweeeeettt!!

BTW - Love my clubman bars (called 'ace' bars in Australia) but they take some fine tuning and getting used to.

Comment

I was thinking about going with these:

But then saw the super bike bars and may go that way.

For the guy that likes his super bike bars but wish they were a little higher they have risers like:

or

Comment

You want flatter bars? You can have the ones my son will be taking off his 'new' bike. He does not like the way they lean him over, and he plans on installing the Windjammer that came with the bike, so he needs more-upright bars (some came with the bike).

You can see a side shot of the bars on this thread.

When you install flatter bars, be sure to check clearance to the tank when the bars are turned to either side.
          His tank has dents on both sides due to impact from the control switch housings.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve. i see that you have been every where but the north west. you thinking about taking a trip up this way. if you do take the Oregon and Washington coast line road. curves and beautiful views. Yes i-5 or i-90 are nice too. :-/ but any way. I'm at work and i can't see the pictures of your bars. but when i get off i will check them out. I have a 82 gs850 like your wifes i believe. if you could when you take them off see what they look like laying on hers and if you turn it if you think they might hit? another point my bike had the wind jammer and i don't like the bars i have which will work great for your son and maybe a trade could be in order?? let me know.

keep the ideas and what kind you guys have coming

thanks to all
            Shane

Comment

Steve check out my thread in gs owners under First Time here! be gentle! and go to page two. Pictures of my bike are there and you can see what style i have.

Shane

Comment

These are what I call ape hangers, yet rather small ones. Only 16 inch rise.

The thumbnail is the set I'm giving away , freight charge not included.

Comment

bars

I've had stock, drag and superbike bars, I like my Daytona bars the best.

Comment

Another vote for the Daytonas. I am 5'-9" and they are just right. I did have to replace the L mirrors with the much faster E mirrors. :-D

IMG]http://[/IMG].
                    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                    AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

This seems to have turned into a "show off your purty GS" thread...

... not that there's anything at all wrong with that! \\/
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

hey Steve what is the distance of your handle bars. and another thing i had that problem with my car and the cat was clogged, not saying you have a cat but maybe those pipes are clogged? an idea.

Comment

Does anyone have a 850 with superbike bars?

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by SDK View Post
                            Does anyone have a 850 with superbike bars?

Shane
                            Not yet. As soon as they show up I will. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                              Not yet. As soon as they show up I will.
                              When did you get an 850G??!!!?!:shock::-D
                              I've gotta spend more time on here.

And BTW: Your bike looks gross with that stock seat on it. I think you should trade me.[-o<

Vote for the euro. I'm 6'1" and the ride is awesome.
                              Here's a pre-mod pic.

(Jeff, So kidding. Your bike could never look gross.)
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                                When did you get an 850G??!!!?!:shock::-D
                                I've gotta spend more time on here.
                                I stole it from Marvinsc. As soon as I get all the sawdust out of the crankcase, I'm riding it up to Canada to visit you.
                                Btw, your seat looks like a padded bra with the pads removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X