1100EZ check panel lights and does not work in neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter180 View Post
    I will get hold of the products you recommend and give it a try. Away on holiday for a few weeks, so the project will have to wait until I come back. Interestingly I have had a closer check around the fuses and discovered that:
    With the top fuse OR and second fuse OG removed the panel lights are all showing very dim and the black box (check panel control unit) hums. Also, the starter and ignition only work when the bike is in gear?
    Suggests that there is some leakage between OW and OG either at the fuse box or elsewhere on the loom?

thanks for help so far. Will post how I get on with the fuse box after hols.
    A physical inspection should easily locate most of your issues.

Comment

Problem sorted

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      A physical inspection should easily locate most of your issues.
      I finally solved the problems with the elecrtics and thought I would post what I found to help if others have the same issue. there were 2 problems; first was a continuity problem on the G/Y to the oil pressure switch (I replaced the wire from the switch to its connection at the loom). Second was a a poor B/W earth that was grounded close to the battery compartment; again I replaced the wire. All now works well. just got a faulty lh handlebar switch to sort out and all is done. switch works on high and low beam but the pass function does not work. I have voltage on O/R so it suggests the switch needs some attention. Any tips on stripping and checking the switch would be useful. Thanks for all advice on the original problem, will post a photo of the bike when finished.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. Good info

Originally posted by Peter180 View Post
        just got a faulty lh handlebar switch to sort out Any tips on stripping and checking the switch would be useful.
        Id start a new thread with the switch in the title. There are old threads about the switch but it wont hurt to start a new one. Ill say it here and also in your new thread.....prepare a clean, well lit work area. There are small springs and balls along with other small parts. There is also procedure to get thumb knob off. DONT pry it. Ive got pictures. See you in the new thread.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X