• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is going to be sweet!

Daniel

Comment

Looks great, Mr. Wog.
      Why are you moving the shock mounts? Ride height? Quicker steering?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Looks great, Mr. Wog.
        Why are you moving the shock mounts? Ride height? Quicker steering?
        The ZRX shocks are an 1 1/2 taller and it's got me on the balls of my feet. It may be a good set up and work well with turn in and all, we shall see.
        I mocked it up with them forward and it sits better and I like the look much better...time will tell when I road test it.
        If I move them like this it gives me a more natural setting but like I said I'll see how it is and decide. Also it looks better to my eyes and I'm fussy like that.

Comment

The Superbike racers had longer shocks, with forward top mounts, so that's period correct.

But, you might want to consider adding a horizontal brace across the V of the frame
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Cooley bike

Wes Cooley's race bike had them moved forward

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              The Superbike racers had longer shocks, with forward top mounts, so that's period correct.

But, you might want to consider adding a horizontal brace across the V of the frame
              You mean where I would put the gussets to mount the shocks???

Comment

Update

New inhalers added to the build....Keihin 29mm CR-Specials.
                Hoping to get it out for a test ride on Friday

Comment

update.

Petty much done just have to do some fine tuning and paint the front fender.
                  I'll ride it with the shocks where they are for a bit and change there position later.
                  Rides nice turns in quick stops much better then the old barge. Just the upgrade to the new cabs was huge, much more responsive and all around better than jetted stock carbs.
                  A good review after some miles.

Be well

Comment

update

Hey all
                    Not much to do now
                    paint the front fender and get the new 29mm smooth boar Keihin CR specials dialed in.I had to rebuild the motor since last post and it is still stock. Poor boy and could not build the motor like I would have wanted to with out unwanted bills.
                    I was having issues getting the carbs dialed in and found out it was the street baffle in the older Yoshimura can, the big carbs could not breath properly and a friend is making me a new more free flowing baffle.
                    It runs much better with the baffle out (to loud)and I have it almost spot on.
                    I moved the shock mounts forward and it rides and handle really well with the suspension set up properly. I have 700 miles on the new motor and it's running really well and for a stock motor the carbs really bring it to life.
                    Paul

Comment

...and don't you just love the two finger stopping.
                      Didn't somebody recently post a pic of that Cooley paint scheme with a chrome front fender?
                      What colour are you going with?
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Didn't somebody recently post a pic of that Cooley paint scheme with a chrome front fender?
                        Yes huge difference for sure I had a chrome fender on it before the build.
                        Most likely red I haven't made up my mined yet.

Comment

Try ONE finger those big ol six pots combined with some EBC double H pads and unless I'm needing to stop right now, one finger does nicely. Those double H pads are a bit harsh on the soft stock rotors the Rex has but some new rotors are in MY future anyway.

Wog that thing looks superb. Again, I hope to someday do a "Mr Wog" replica of my own

Btw I don't suppose you have a ZRX seat bracket laying about do ya??

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            Try ONE finger those big ol six pots combined with some EBC double H pads and unless I'm needing to stop right now, one finger does nicely. Those double H pads are a bit harsh on the soft stock rotors the Rex has but some new rotors are in MY future anyway.

Wog that thing looks superb. Again, I hope to someday do a "Mr Wog" replica of my own

Btw I don't suppose you have a ZRX seat bracket laying about do ya??
                            The reason I haven't put them on they do bite into the stockers.The way I see it is they sure stop better than the stock GS ones eh.

Just passed on my last 2 brackets, should be easy to score on the board I would think.

Comment

Working...
                            X