No announcement yet.

replacing velocity stack with pods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33s are actually a GREAT carb for an 1100 with just a pipe! I don't know what experience you have with 1100s or 1150s but the round slide 33s work AWESOMELY on them! I've only been working on them since they came out but the 33s are my FIRST choice on a stock, piped 1100 or 1150. Ray.

Comment

well, apparently I am wrong. The PO told me they are 29's, I just posted a shot of them and was told they are 33's: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...play.php?f=101

Now, if they are 33's, I still want to loose the velocity stacks, will there be any issue throwing pods on or will I have to re-jet? BTY is has a yoshi pipe

and what is the stock carbs for this bike?

Comment

The stock carbs are Mikuni CV 34 mm carbs & the same pods for those fit the 33s you already have! Pretty COOL, huh?!!! Ray.
        Last edited by rapidray; 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Plus, smoothies, of any size, tend to be notoriously "twitchy" carbs. Not the best "street" carbs for sure. =
          I'm running RS flatslides on my 700 and couldn't be happier. You lose a little bottom end, but anything above off idle is simply awesome. Learn to roll the throttle instead of just whacking them open and you're good to go. Rolling the throttle open lets you take full advantange of the accelerator pumps. Contrary to popular belief they do behave themselves in general street riding, when you want the performance it is there.

Comment

i like hearing the click-ity clack if you know what i mean.
            a set of the rs36 on a piped stock 1150 is hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              i like hearing the click-ity clack if you know what i mean.
              a set of the rs36 on a piped stock 1150 is hard to beat
              The racket from the slides will have you thinking you've got 16 loose valves.

Comment

Yes but they will be really COOL sounding loose valves!!! LOL!!! Ray.

Comment

Well, Maro, if you have 33's on there, my pods won't help you, and your velocity stacks won't fit my 29's. Oh well..... I'll keep looking.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

sissy's!!!
                    click clack click clack click clack click clack

Comment

sissy's!!!
                      I love that sound. It goes away soon enough when you get on the throttle.

Comment

sissy's!!!
                        See that noise would drive me insane. Any weird noises that come from my bike cause me to tear things apart till i find and eliminate it. I dunno if i couldnt handle rattle slides...might give me a facial tic...lol.

I would like a set of BS36ss tho...

The coolest carbs ive seen, A Micky model, but i dont know which, had an accelerator pump and a DECELERATION pump on them as well, that shot a small blast down the throats to keep the bike from leaning out on deceleration. Not enough to make the bike surge, but just enough..These were on a GPZ1100
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
                          well, apparently I am wrong. The PO told me they are 29's, I just posted a shot of them and was told they are 33's: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...play.php?f=101

Now, if they are 33's, I still want to loose the velocity stacks, will there be any issue throwing pods on or will I have to re-jet? BTY is has a yoshi pipe

and what is the stock carbs for this bike?
                          Mikuni model BS34SS

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            I would like a set of BS36ss tho...
                            I see them go cheap all the time on ebay. Search under GS1150.
                            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                              I see them go cheap all the time on ebay. Search under GS1150.

i seen a set on here the other day w/ filters sell for 80 shipped...
                              DIRTTTTTTT CHEAPPP LADIESSSS

Comment

i seen a set on here the other day w/ filters sell for 80 shipped...
                                DIRTTTTTTT CHEAPPP LADIESSSS
                                Yeah i was a second too late. Mikey Riddle beat me out on em...lol.

Say Terry, I picked up my 1150 cams for my ES, you dont have any degreeable sprockets around your place do ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X