replacing velocity stack with pods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Yeah i was a second too late. Mikey Riddle beat me out on em...lol.

Say Terry, I picked up my 1150 cams for my ES, you dont have any degreeable sprockets around your place do ya?

not really,
    i have a couple sets that i had slotted, not happy with them so on the shelf they stay.
    if you want to save shipping on a new set...
    go up to S&K off of needmore and pick a set up from scott, he used to have stock ones that he slotted,he also had APE's on the board to.
    somtimes ebay has new and or used ones pretty cheap..

Comment

Maro,

I saw the pics of your bike in the other thread, very very nice.

Don't worry about changing anything on that bike right now. (This is assuming that it is running good). You should get good performance out of that setup if it is tuned to run properly. You won't have any problems with running velocity stacks in city commuting. I had a tuned 550 running no aircleaner or stacks for quite a while doing high speed city commuting. It will not be an issue. Put some miles on the bike and then start assessing whether you want to make any changes.

In the mean time enjoy what you got. There are starving kids in China who don't have 16 valve GS's with 33mm smoothbores and velocity stacks.

Chris

Originally posted by maro View Post
      Let's just say the bike ((1100E)) I put a deposit down on and will hopefully, successfully be picking up on Sunday (fingers crossed), has velocity stacks in place. From everything I've read, velocity stacks are a no no for a daily commuter.

Do I simple replace with Pods? I've read here there is nearly no re-jetting if this happens? How simple is this and what are my other options?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman View Post
        Maro,

I saw the pics of your bike in the other thread, very very nice.

Don't worry about changing anything on that bike right now. (This is assuming that it is running good). You should get good performance out of that setup if it is tuned to run properly. You won't have any problems with running velocity stacks in city commuting. I had a tuned 550 running no aircleaner or stacks for quite a while doing high speed city commuting. It will not be an issue. Put some miles on the bike and then start assessing whether you want to make any changes.

In the mean time enjoy what you got. There are starving kids in China who don't have 16 valve GS's with 33mm smoothbores and velocity stacks.

Chris
        You may have convinced me my friend! It's getting cold now. I need to get her running (I'll be doing this within next couple days, bypassing the clutch relay) and take some rides with this set-up. I have all winter to sort out carbs. GOOD CALL.

Maybe I'll just throw some stockings over the stacks for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
          You may have convinced me my friend! It's getting cold now. I need to get her running (I'll be doing this within next couple days, bypassing the clutch relay) and take some rides with this set-up. I have all winter to sort out carbs. GOOD CALL.

Maybe I'll just throw some stockings over the stacks for good measure.
          Be careful slipping anything over those stacks like "stockings". Those carbs will suck something like that into them and then you will have a problem.

What is wrong with it now that needs attention? I didn't realize you had a clutch switch problem. Maybe you mentioned it in the other thread.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X